PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fast50s said it would be level, but im thinking they were telling me a lie now.

How much shorter are the speed forks then the sp5s? The perimeter is level with sp5s and the speed forks have the same travel as the sp5s. SR6s or marzocchis are want i want but i dont know if i can get the money or not.

· Registered
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
speed forks have 4-5" of travel depending on how you get them setup. If you get them set to 5" then its the same has sp5s. I dont really want bombshells (not that they arnt good forks) I want either sr6s, marzocchis, speed forks, or sp5s. If i can make enough for the marzochis or sr6s soon then i will get them. If not i was going to get either speed forks or sp5s. But now i dont think the speed forks would be level. I think i can make the money for sr6s or marzocchis, but im not sure yet.

· Registered
1,511 Posts
It doesnt matter how much travel a fork has, that doesnt mean it is going to be tall/short.

I can almost garentee you a pair of BBR sp5s are probably 2 inches taller then the Speed forks set at 5'' of travel.

SR6's are one of the longest forks on the market, and they barely level the bike out with the Perimeter frame.

The speed forks dont look much longer then stock forks, your better off getting SP5s then speed forks.

I highly advise you to get Marizochis or Stratos forks, not only because they'll perform 10x better then any other fork, they'll level out your bike as well.

This bike looks like it would sit about level on the ground with 12'' front wheel, forks ALL The way down into the clamps.

This bike sits about perfectly level with the Stratos forks and 12'' front wheel with forks slid pretty far down into the clamp. Almost all the way.

· Registered
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Logikal I get what you are saying about travel doesnt mean how tall they are going to be. I think i can have the money for sr6s (without wheel or disk or anything) in about a week. Or the money for marzorcchis in about two weeks. If i dont have the money for either in two weeks ill get sp5s.

· Registered
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If the facts are right, the speed forks raise the front up 4 inches, then a 12" front wheel will make it 6 inches. How tall does it need to be to be level with the perimeter?

I know, I know the speed forks might not be the best. Im saving up for sr6s or marzocchis but i might not be able to make the money in time so i might have to get something else and the speed forks were one of them that i was thinking about geting. I dont feel like typing why i might not be able to make the money right now. I have said this before but ill say it again, marzorcchis or sr6s are what i want, im going to get them if i can come up with the money soon enough.

· Registered
1,727 Posts
[quote name='"3rdGearPinned"']If the facts are right, the speed forks raise the front up 4 inches, then a 12" front wheel will make it 6 inches.

Wouldn't it be 5 inches?

· Registered
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DirtySouthRacing- i guess it would be 5 inches.

five0addict-Im just saying what i have been told. If someone can honestly prove that wrong then i will believe that they arent 4 inches taller. Im not saying your lieing though.

G

·
I have seen pictures of the speedforks with a stock swinger and i-shock. Then it sit level. A perimeter is a lot taller that a stock swinger with i-shock.

my 2 cents

· Registered
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yea i was thinking a 12" front wheel would make the bike sit higher then it really does. Speed forks with a 12" front wheel would be level with a +1 or 2+ swingarm. Probably perfect with a +2 since fast50s uses +1 when they use the 10" wheel.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.