PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
never did because they all come with the light weight spring. Never seen them with heavier springs. Did hear good things though for kids use. Adults though you want that resi shock

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I ran one for probably 2 years. I really really liked it... It was a non ressie. I bought a ishock in that time, used it about a week and threw the works back on.

BTW I used it for both a stock swingarm and a plus 2, and it had a really good feel with the +2 swingarm just had to stiffen it up some.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The one I was looking at said it was good up to 200lbs. I am just looking for another shock to work with the stock frame and swinger.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Scott D said:
The one I was looking at said it was good up to 200lbs. I am just looking for another shock to work with the stock frame and swinger.

yeah..

I mean for what I paid for the Works I really liked it. I'm running a fox float mxr now on my stocker, and like it more, but think you will be happy with the works.

when I had it on the +2 swingarm, I did have it adjusted pretty stiff I only had maybe 1/4 of the adjustment left to go make it stiffer, but with a stock swingarm you will definitely be fine if you're 200lbs or less.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
ya Im right between 190-205 depending on bball or not lol...and I like the ishock for the price. $90 used is a damn good price...The works you have to upgrade spring. All the ones Ive seen have the light spring for like 70-100lbs

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
i ran the works with heavy spring for almost a year and really like it, it is really wide though and will scrape the subframe on a stock frame most of the time, but it depends on what swinger you are running and the angle it comes in at

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
trtr013 said:
ya Im right between 190-205 depending on bball or not lol...and I like the ishock for the price. $90 used is a damn good price...The works you have to upgrade spring. All the ones Ive seen have the light spring for like 70-100lbs
Honda CRF50 XR50r 2000~on rear 10.0 in. shock 131~160mx: eBay Motors (item 330347209777 end time Sep-17-10 14:56:50 PDT)

I think this is what I had gotten, and like I said it worked good for me even with a plus 2 swingarm. You should EASILY EASILY be fine with this on a stock swingarm, a ton less leverage than an extended one.

A lot of it is opinion. What one person hates is anothers weapon of choice. Just keep your eyes open on the classifieds section Scott something will come up, or you can find brand new ones on eBay sometimes cheap.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a Works shock that came on my bike. It is rated for the 160lb range. Since i'm considerably heavier than that and running a plus 4 swinger, I got a Fox MXR. If you are interested in the Works I have, let me know. I think we could work out a fair deal on it. I plan to put it in the classified forum in the next week or so anyways...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts