PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i've finally finished building my motor but now i can't get it to start up

i've got spark and its got fuel. i'm running a TB 88 with the head and carb plus a kitaco inner rotor. i have a feeling it may be the inner rotor causing the problem because i cannot find any information on how to time it properly but the carb may be way out of adjustment as well. i've tried adjusting the timing as well as the air screw on the carb but still can't get anything out of it? any ideas?

·
Registered
8,631 Posts
timing??

stock carb setting will fire right up.

inner rotor should be in the middle of the adjustment.

new plug?

valves? cam in the right way??

gas flowing through petcock?

gas vent tube free of debris?(sp)

intake leaks?

go over everything from where the fuel and air comes in to where the exhaust comes out..your bound to find the problem sooner or later

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok i've spent almost the entire day trying to diagnose this thing to no avail. i rechecked the cam timing which is fine valve clearance is fine took the carb apart everything looks ok in there i still can't seem to find anything about how to time this inner rotor which i had on this motor and worked fine before i took it out to put the bbk on. so i guess i'll have to bolt the stock ignition back on and see where that gets me. i did notice one thing though at very low kicking speeds it seems like i have intermitant spark but when it turned over at a normal kicking speed its fine. i cleaned off the ground wire as well so i'm pretty much out of ideas at this point. its incredibly frustrating though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.