PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughters bike wont run right. It is a really nice bike Marzochhis, Billetware frame, Sano swingarm and Trail Bikes 88 kit with the Sheng Wey carb. I just put a clutch on it and took it for test ride up & down the street. It never felt like it warmed up. So I messed with Idle & airsrcrew but could not get it right. I figured it had a clogged jet since moving the Idle didn't do anything. I took the carb apart and the main was blocked cleaned everything put it together with a new cable and no change. It will only run with the choke and revs really then low then surges back up. Pulled plug and it was BLACK put a new one in same thing pulled it and was BLACK. Sorry this is so long but I am out of things to adjust.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Sounds like you're having simular carb probs...maybe try to adjust the main needle clip, the higher up the clip in the notches, the leaner the adjustment.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, I pulled the carb again check the jets they are okay. I lower the needle, I put the clip in the top slot. Put it back together and it worked. One thing I did find is the cable adjuster was getting caught between the top of the steering head on the frame and the top clamp and binding so I rerouted it to the other side. It runs good now up & down the street hopefully when she is in the desert it will to.

·
Registered
775 Posts
always a good idea to check for cable snags,dont want sudden WFO. leave the air filter off and move the handlebars from side to side and be sure your slide doesnt move.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts