PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1970 CT70, 2019 Super Cub 125, and five or six other basket cases
211 Posts
The biggest thing would be reading. Check out tbolt or tb parts and read about the kits. Some of them have just a piston rather than a new jug as well. All has to do with the distance between the valves and the piston

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The biggest thing would be reading. Check out tbolt or tb parts and read about the kits. Some of them have just a piston rather than a new jug as well. All has to do with the distance between the valves and the piston
Thanks I have done abit of reading on the website
thanks I have done some reading on their website and they use the stock tappet covers and cam so I should be fine I could get a new carb kit to push abit more power but I think it should be fine stock

·
Registered
76 Posts
The only thing you would have to do is put on the V1 head using your old head gasket and turn it over by hand to make sure the valves do not hit the piston. If it clears or feels like it does then after a few turns of the engine take the V1 head back off and inspect the piston to make sure there wasn't any kind of contact between them. If there's even the slightest marking on the piston from the valves then you'll know you need a piston with deeper valve reliefs. You could always buy a YX160 jug and a 143cc high compression piston and make it into a beast with a 26mm carburetor and your V1 cylinder head. :cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only thing you would have to do is put on the V1 head using your old head gasket and turn it over by hand to make sure the valves do not hit the piston. If it clears or feels like it does then after a few turns of the engine take the V1 head back off and inspect the piston to make sure there wasn't any kind of contact between them. If there's even the slightest marking on the piston from the valves then you'll know you need a piston with deeper valve reliefs. You could always buy a YX160 jug and a 143cc high compression piston and make it into a beast with a 26mm carburetor and your V1 cylinder head. :cool:
I’m guessing you put a yx160 on yours and I bet that thing rips sounds awesome, i ordered the head and he sent me a free gasket so should be fine I’m also jetting my carb and cleaning it since it’s been on there since 2005

·
Registered
76 Posts
I’m guessing you put a yx160 on yours and I bet that thing rips sounds awesome, i ordered the head and he sent me a free gasket so should be fine I’m also jetting my carb and cleaning it since it’s been on there since 2005
Well mine has a bit more work to it then that. I put in a 4 speed shift drum, new bearing and seal kit, 55mm crank, HD output shaft, YX160 cylinder, YX cylinder head ( same as V1 with Honda style intake/exhaust port), 143 competition piston, Mikuni 26mm carb kit from TBoltUSA.com, Costume made exhaust and a 44,000 volt MSD coil. It's pretty mean.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts