PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 CRF 50. I have put a uni airfilter, rev box, DPM valve cap breather and fast 50s pipe on it. Has helped top end a lot but bottom end sucks. Whats up? I was out riding yesterday and my buddies 50 that is bone stock can get me off the line everytime. Where did I go wrong. Or what do I need to do to fix it without doing a big bore kit?

·
Registered
349 Posts
50s pipe on it. Has helped top end a lot but bottom end sucks. Whats up? I was out riding yesterday and my buddies 50 that is bone stock can get me off the line everytime. Where did I go wrong. Or what do I need to do to fix it without doing a big bore kit?

well first off make sure that you didnt buy the fast50s "BIG BORE" version pipe...doing so will clarify your not an idiot :D

next...many peoples carb has to be tuned after UniFilter/PIpe Installed...

and to help you out with that....

http://www.ministothemax.com/hop_ups_carb_tuning.htm

-binH

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
yea when i put a differnt cdi on mine its a kitaco it had less bottom end i think they change it to all top just try the stock cdi and see whut happens

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
The Kitaco CDI will show no gain or loss on a stock motor. It's the exhaust pipe, and the air filter.

A better exhaust will flow more freely, and will cause you to lose more low-end torque unless you have the motor set up properly to support the pipe.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its not a big bore pipe. It is for the 50cc motor not 88cc. This is not my first 50. I had and 03 with the same pipe and didnt have this problem. But it didnt have the rev box or airfilter.

·
Registered
202 Posts
check your valve clearence!!!

Make sure your filter is throughly oiled properly

If you plan on keeping it stock for a little while, you can do a simple port job and it will increase your bottom and mid.

my 2 cents

Later

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.