PlanetMinis Forums banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

· Registered
4,606 Posts
One on basket

I'm way to tired to head out into the shop just worked a 12 hour day and now its 2 a.m. If no one gets back to you on this I'll send you a PM when I get home tomorrow I just so happen to have my Takey clutch apart as I had an itch to compare it to my xl80 bottom end.. weird lol. If you want the Kitaco one also, I can get that measurement too "got both". PM me regardless or email what idea you have I think I now what Stormin science you may be coming up with. Way way WAY back Kurlon and I had this itch.

· Registered
242 Posts
Lol. Ptechs got a "monthly mini budget" thats hardcore. But hes totally right. Theres a clutch for $150 and one for $700. No other options, duh. On another subject..... Has anyone installed a hydraulic rear brake and eliminated the lower part of the stock frame?

· Registered
8,957 Posts
You'd have to run a rear handbrake for that to work.

Nah, you can hang an NSR50 master cylinder right off the clutch cover using a G-Craft supplied bracket. It uses the stock rear brake pedal to operate it. (The bracket is easy enough to fab yourself too if you can operate a drill and a grinder. G-Craft's doesn't quite mesh with midblock and big block import motors so I rigged my own for example.)

· Registered
1,228 Posts
Nah, you can hang an NSR50 master cylinder right off the clutch cover using a G-Craft supplied bracket. It uses the stock rear brake pedal to operate it. (The bracket is easy enough to fab yourself too if you can operate a drill and a grinder. G-Craft's doesn't quite mesh with midblock and big block import motors so I rigged my own for example.)
Nah, I'm saying to eliminate the the bottom portion of the frame to save weight, you'd have to run a rear handbrake, or no rear brake at all.

· Registered
688 Posts
Anyone make more progress on this idea? Might have to get a honda motor just to try messing with this.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.