PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seem like it to me, been talking about it with a friend.

Seems like mini's are getting bigger.

Most (chinese) manufacturer's seem to be offering more and more bigger wheels, bigger motor's.

It's kind of turning mini's into MX bikes, when you can go out and hit a full size MX track with no worries.

I'm not ranting, just wondering??

Is this just natural progression, is that what people want?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
i think it has to do with people being so competitive. for a racebike bigger is better, 12" is easier to ride than 10". but for me i just sold my 194+R mod bike to go back to a stocker because it's JUST MORE FUN!!!!

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
2wheeltyson said:
i think it has to do with people being so competitive. for a racebike bigger is better, 12" is easier to ride than 10". but for me i just sold my 194+R mod bike to go back to a stocker because it's JUST MORE FUN!!!!

I think you will be seeing much more of the same. I know my stocker is way more fun! The way these new bikes are being built, with the big HP and bigger frames, you might as well just go out and get a 250f? At least there is more racing going on for big bikes?

·
Registered
983 Posts
you ride minis for how sketchy and fun they are with mates to laugh at eachother..

i think it will all change and everyone will go back to 10" in the next few years..

but untill i get more friends with minis , im keeping the klx to keep up with all me mates 250f's :(

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2wheeltyson said:
Y eah I just went from 12 back to 10 and loved it.

Thats what got me thinking about this!

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
firepower354 said:
The bigger bikes fit real people and are faster through the rough stuff 90% of the time.

yeah, BUT the whole point of pitbikes in the beginning was the idea of ridiculus-ness of it!!! I love stockers!!! 10in always... The only reason I'm looking for a new 12in is to stay competitive

·
Registered
902 Posts
The bigger bikes I've been seeing lately are some true works of art... but anything bigger than 10" wheel loses its purpose as a mini dirtbike IMO. I ride with 10 other guys and only one of them is running a 12" wheel bike. That one guy sticks out like a sore thumb and he gets flack on a daily basis for it. We are keeping the 10" alive here in Colorado.

·
Registered
575 Posts
i started our on big bikes 125's and 250's. thats what all my friends have. i was the first out of all my friends to get a big bike,at the time everyone was still on there crf80s and stuff and i had a 125. so i sold it and got a 70. now of course all my friends bumped up to big bikes. i don't care tho the little bikes will beat the hell out of a big bike in the fun catagory any day all day!!!! i dont really like the 10 bikes tho. they seem to small! the 12 bikes are small and fun but not TINY like the 10. i would never get a 50. i will stick with the 70's and 110's they also keep up with my buds a lil bit more. so when we are riding they can at least see me in the back

i just gotta get more friends with REAL bikes!

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
i go back and forth 10-12-10 and back to 12 . the stocker klx is a blast but i gotta have a mad back it give me something to do during the week wrenching. i build them just to build them ride them for a few months and sell them and build another. 50's are fun and ill build another someday . the 50's are dying because no more new stuff is coming out for them and the klx are progressing now so everyone is moving to them now.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
It used to be not only a racing competition, but a build up competition. Now you buy a knock off that is way cheaper and is more advanced and knock the crap out of a guy on a slightly modded 10inch 50; so many people are more interested in going faster to beat the other guy than they are with the art of building up thier own creations. what the heck do I know.... any one got a fork, I'm hungry.

·
Registered
466 Posts
reserectedmxr said:
It used to be not only a racing competition, but a build up competition. Now you buy a knock off that is way cheaper and is more advanced and knock the crap out of a guy on a slightly modded 10inch 50; so many people are more interested in going faster to beat the other guy than they are with the art of building up thier own creations. what the heck do I know.... any one got a fork, I'm hungry.

true i cant stand the knock offs, i hope one never passes me ill sell my bike. lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.