PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Can't think it would be a crime pedaling it on the street. Riding it as a motor driven cycle on the street will in-deed vary state to state. Classed as a moped in my state would require a yearly donation for a plate and tabs.
Black and white tax collectors sadly take their donations one stop at a time.

Do motopeds come with a MSO by chance?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
146 Posts
Police up in Sacramento have been successfully using CVC 21720 to ticket Motorized Bicycles, citing illegal operation of a pocket bike on the roadway.

I say successfully because in one case the judge agreed it was a motorized bicycle/moped not a pocket bike, told the owner to get it and himself properly licensed then still found him guilty.

The fine was almost $500!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I do, got one today. Ticket reads cvc 21720
Calling it a pocket bike. Jerk cop
Do tell...... any other charges or just the CVC21720, did your bike have a license plate?

Did you do the electric conversion yet or still running ice?

A Motoped is clearly not a pocket bike so what's your plan, roll over and pay the fine or fight it in court?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No Vaseline was used, Judge said pay me $350.00 today or if you want to fight it we will have the officer come in and testify etc, etc and you will probably end up paying more than the $707.00 fine.
I paid it, sucked.

·
Registered
30 Posts
That sucks, what can be done? did they change the laws in Cali recently to allow more things on the streets. would they bust a surron election bike??

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would have been cool with the law if I had been going less than 20 mph anything over that is not considered a motorised bicycle, speed limit was 45 and i was doing 52....Nevermind that cars were passing me doing 60....Wasn't even a highway dog it was a sheriff that seems to have a hard on for screwing with anything on two wheels.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts