PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am going to be build my ct70 engine up to use for the streets... which kit will be better, i want to know who thinks will make more power... the bbr super pro 88 (with the head) or a dratv 117 kit and a big valve head. i understand that the kits have a big difference in cc's but i was wondering if the super pro is up to par with the R stage. because i think thatll be good to compare with the larger 117 kit..

-dave

·
Banned
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the dratv "long rod 117 kit": http://www.dratv.com/12lorodenkit.html

thats what the kit consists of. i still need a head and want to know which head and cam to get and which carb kit too..i want to get this build going since spring is coming fast. i also want to know if the 4 speed tranny from ahp will work with these cases ( ithink it will) and what clutch i will need to run with this. i would ideally like a manual thats affordable and reliable. so far im thinking that id have to go do the takegawa special clutch for the oem shaft with this high displacement motor. i dont think the 3 plate t.b. manual clutch will hold... maybe im wrong let me know all your opinions please....

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
If you need to get a head and are ordering bits from Dr ATV, the 'Ultra' head is a good unit. Takes Honda CRF50/70 cams, 25mm intake valve, 22mm exhaust, it's a good runner, and it matches the piston in that 117 kit.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I would recommend running Dr. ATV's ultra head with that kit. The piston that comes in that kit has a huge dome, way too big of a dome for a TB head. And also run their ultra cam

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.