PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
To get the KX60 swing arm onto a XR70, you WILL need to do some major work. The XR frame needs to have the pivot mounts cut down narrower and then drilled out to accept the KX swing arm bolt. I have not checked to see if the XR swing arm bearings will fit the KX swing arm but even if they did, you would still have to cut the pivot mount down to a norrow size(xr swing arm pivot is wider then the kx swing arm pivot). Sooo, your better off to just drill the XR frame out to accept the KX bolt. That was only problem 1,lol. Now problem 2 is the XR rear wheel...it wont fit the KX swing arm untill you machine down the removable wheel spacer! You'll need to do this in a lathe IF you want it to be done right. Arrrgg.... shit is getting complicated now. I have not even started to think about mounting the shock yet but I am going to use the linkage because its a better design and ride instead of the straight line shock mount...more on that when I get working on it.

Front forks

We have installed a set of 1983 CR60 front forks. The CR60 forks were a perfect fit...almost. The only real problem with them is the brake hub stop. When we placed the wheel in the center of the forks, the nub on the forks that fits into the brake hub slot doesn't reach. What does that mean? It means you will have to machine a block simular to the fork hub nub, drill clearence holes in it and THEN drill and tap the fork leg nub so that the block you machined will bolt to the fork leg nub. I hope that made sense to you You'll also need the front brake cable off a CR60 cuz the XR cable is way too short. The top tripple clamp will have to be replaced with a BBR top clamp. You will NOT have to replace the lower clamp...the CR forks fit them perfect! KX60 forks.. I do not know if they will fit or not.

·
Registered
557 Posts
the rear end for a klx is too wide to fit the kx60 swinger. It would need some major modification. It will bolt up to the 70 tho like Grafixxs said cuz i have the kx60 swinger on my xr70.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Foxxxr70 said:
the rear end for a klx is too wide to fit the kx60 swinger. It would need some major modification. It will bolt up to the 70 tho like Grafixxs said cuz i have the kx60 swinger on my xr70.

I would love to see pics of this or what Grafixxs, is doing. You can send them to me at [email protected].

If it bolts to a 70 frame it should be able to bolt to a fiddy frame????

Thanks alot fellers...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.