PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok tomm im putting on my two bros pipe and bbr u flow,,what jet do i need to go buy? im in socal elev 2000,or whats the 1st one i need to try? thx

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the same setup, u-flow with a yoshi. I put a 98 main jet on and left it at that. runs great with awesome power gain. still might have to tinker with the pilot to get it perfect or for weather.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Stock is 38 pilot and 80 main.

With a modded airbox and a pipe on 2 bikes I run 42 pilot, 85 main with a CHM pipe and 42 pilot and 90 main with a BBR pipe. Both bikes have modded airbox. Northern CA Sea level to 1500'

·
Registered
386 Posts
gwjvw said:
stock pi;ot and a 100 main bbr says dam.......

BBR says stock pilot all the way up to 130 kits??? Didn't work for me. I have 42 pilots in both bikes with washers under both needles. Need just a touch bigger main for the BBR pipe (mostly because it has a larger header I think).

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well my pipe is on,,no jets or intake yet!! With just the pipe on i feel alot more power and the bike runs perfect,,no more flat spot in 4th like when it was all stock! Runs so good i dont know if i even want to put the uflow on and mess around with the jetting!

Two bros says put a 90 main after i put the u flow on,bbr 100,,i think i might put a 90,,, naw prolly a 95 size jet.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now the pipe and u flow is on,,,dont really know what jet to order yet(my shop will take a few days to get one).. So ya with no jet it runs so bad i cant even ride it!! Plus i wouldnt want to mess anything up,, I hope a 95 will do me well,,,, do i just put the jet in or do i have to mess with all the screws too?

·
Registered
19 Posts
yeah I wouldn't recommend running the bike with no jets in yet. Just throw a 95 main in and don't mess with anything else until you can see how it runs after that. You should see a pretty big difference with just a main jet.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya im going to order a 95 from bbr tomm,,man i need it asap too,,,none of my shops have one,ya i tryied to ride it and it wont go,just like it runs out of gas,i have a feeling my mpg is going out the window lol

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DRZ110 said:
I have a uflow and yoshi and I run a 40p and 90m and it runs awesome.
Ya im wondering how just a 95 will do..your set up sounds pretty good though!

·
Registered
850 Posts
try an 85 main and 40 pilot, I had that with a stock motor with a T4 pipe and U-Flow and it was spot on. I'm at sea level but that should be good for you too at 2k as well.

·
Registered
386 Posts
gwjvw said:
Now the pipe and u flow is on,,,dont really know what jet to order yet(my shop will take a few days to get one).. So ya with no jet it runs so bad i cant even ride it!! Plus i wouldnt want to mess anything up,, I hope a 95 will do me well,,,, do i just put the jet in or do i have to mess with all the screws too?

With the U-Flow you are letting in a TON of air and that is why it runs so bad. With any airbox or pod filter change you need to up the pilot or you will be running way lean. The stock pilot is 38 for the restrictive airbox. For airbox mod I would go to 40 and for a U-Flow maybe 42. Alot depends on where you are and elevation.

That U-Flow is a big for a stock motor in my opinion. I never had luck with pod filters and stock motors. Too much air ran really lean and popped all the time.

Try your pipe with a twin air or Uni filter and just pull out the snorkle in the airbox, jet to 40 and 90.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
my pilot is a 40 and a 78 stock,,man i cant find anyone in socal that has em in stock,,,i want a 42 and a 90 or 95

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ordered jets from two bros,,kinda expensive though,,,all they have is a 90 so bought it for a starting point,also ordered the 42 pilot,,,,Ya my stock was a 40 p-jet,i was suprised and a 78 main,,,,comes in tomm so i will try it out!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts