PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what you guys think would be the best motor setup for this class at the track I race at. The rules say 110cc max. No manual clutch. anything else goes.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
It's actually on my street bike (Honda Monkey) as pictured in the Street bike gallery.

It is insanely fast, and rather scarey at 65+ MPH on the street.

It's my opinion unless you competitively race for $$, anything over an 88cc with a race head is overkill on 10" wheels.

However, it's nice to be able to keep up with 45mph traffic with ease..

It's just my opinion, but if you want to go bigger than an 88, step up to a bigger bike! But, that would defeat the purpose of owning a 50..

·
Registered
300 Posts
z88R said:
It's actually on my street bike (Honda Monkey) as pictured in the Street bike gallery.

It is insanely fast, and rather scarey at 65+ MPH on the street.

It's my opinion unless you competitively race for $$, anything over an 88cc with a race head is overkill on 10" wheels.

However, it's nice to be able to keep up with 45mph traffic with ease..

It's just my opinion, but if you want to go bigger than an 88, step up to a bigger bike! But, that would defeat the purpose of owning a 50..

Very true. Although the 106 from two brothers seems to be the kit of choice up here in Colorado. A couple people up here have the 124 kit. But it's to much all they do is spin the rear tire. My guess is the power loss

due to altitude. They say it's 3% loss per thousand feet. So the 106 is probably comparable to the 88kit w/ race head at sea level.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
What I've noticed with the 117 vs 124 and other motors is the 117 seems much more stable for dirt, as if a Takegawa is made for the street. The power band on the 117 is so much smoother and more rideable then the 124. I think the 117 is overall is faster, yet smoother and easier to ride.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.