PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am deciding on wether to get excellent front suspension, or excellent rear suspension.

I am either getting stavrons or the reeg frame kit because my budget only allows for me to get one or the other.

If I got the front suspension I would use a xr70 swingarm with a aftermarket rear shock. And if I got the rear suspension I would use cr107 forks. Which one do you guys recomend me getting? I plan on doing full-on motocross with some freestyle and jumping in there somewhere. I would rather have something geared towards motocross as long as it can take the big hits well. p.s. sorry about the long post.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
stay away from the CR107 front end for free style first it bottoms like crazy and second it weighs freekin 50 #'s like half the weight of your bike and if don't want to attemt the first forward flip in mini history by accident go with the XR70m swingarm and stavrons

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all of your guy's replys. The only reason I will be using cr107 stuff is because im gettin a really good deal on one. And the forks on the 107 seem like they are good with the huge front brake and everything, but yeah, they do weigh a ton.

Do you think there is any way I could make an adapter to fit the cr107 front brake to the stavrons? (I know that you can get a disk brake with them but $350 seems pretty steep)

·
Registered
80 Posts
i have the reeg frame and the stavron forks... i can tell you that you will definitely be happy with either one... i know you cant have both, so i might have to say get the reeg setup. the suspension combo feels like riding a big bike and i especially notice the rear end suckin up everything i case :) however, i do love the forks, they're so smooth... so i say save up and get both!!

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I say go for the SR6s and than get your frame kit. :wink: You'll be so happy with the SR6s. Im just so poor and every night I go to bed dreaming of owning some. 8O

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MXcrazy5050 said:
i say scew the stupid cr107 and get forks and frame!

Well I would if I wasn't getting such a good deal on the 107

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Do you have a stock frame now? If you get "stavrons" on the front, and you are running a stock frame with a longer swinger...it seems like its going to bend pretty quick. If it were me, and i had the money for one, i would get the frame/rear end combo first. Use the CR107 forks for a little while, then either save up for the fancy forks, or just run some sp5's? Theres my 2 cents. 8)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.