PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll try to be short and sweet.Here are my choices: 1.Kitaco 143 SE , 2.Kitaco 143 SE w/stroker crank , 3. Takegawa 178+R Scut.

Advice/opinions on any and all of them.I want power, but reliability is more important to me.Regular maintenance is fine, but I don't want things breaking off everytime I ride.I appreciate your opinions, and your time.Thanks.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
go with a 138+R over the 143se, but if you want the power go 178+R. with any of these kits you should install an output shaft which requires you to split the cases, so you can put in a stroker at the same time. my 155se fouled $30 plugs all the time, my 172+R and 194+R never fouled a plug or had a mechanical failure.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, keep the replies coming. Yeah, I'm splitting the cases for the forged output shaft and 4 speed shift drum anyway.Definatly dont want to be fouling those 30$ plugs either. I was set on the 143 w/stroker, but i can actually do the 178 for cheaper money.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Why not the Trailbikes V2 head and Bore kits? They will hold up just as well as the +R parts at a fraction of the cost.

If you are limiting yourself to the Takegawa or Kitaco parts, go with the Takegawa +R parts.

·
Vendor
10,568 Posts
Z said:
Why not the Trailbikes V2 head and Bore kits? They will hold up just as well as the +R parts at a fraction of the cost.

If you are limiting yourself to the Takegawa or Kitaco parts, go with the Takegawa +R parts.

exactly

tb 165cc kit w/ v2 head

add a tb clutch w/ primary drive gear

4 spped drum & upgrade output shaft

them its all rider

email me for help

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Z said:

this is true i spent alot of $$ getting my bike where it is..if i build another i might try trailbikes heard nothing but good things about the v2 kits and i have a tb stroker its the same as two bros only like 100$ cheaper

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Z said:

Hey Z ,just wondering why you prefer Tak. over Kitaco??

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
5nine8 said:
Why not do a TB165 with V2? V2 head is better than the SE head and with a lil work just as good as a +R... Way cheaper too. Just my .02

Guess i was slow on typin on my phone lol

Hmmm....ok, I'm gonna look into the TB 165 a little more.Thanks for all the help.Keep it comin'!

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.