PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody know where to get internels for 18mm keihin? im runnin' a 20mm clone (sheng wey) and it runs ok, but i also have a buddys 18mm keihin that he got from bbr (takegawa?) and it seems like the more stuff i use out of that carb, the better mine runs. i finaly took em' apart side by side and took the calipers to them to see whats up. theyre pretty much the same, but the 20 is 20mm out the back and the 18 is 22mm. not sure if thats where youre supposed to measure though, and im going to stop by bbr next week to see if maybe he got a 22mm by mistake. after all my hard work, im sure hes going be running the keihin in the near future and reapin all the bennys :x sooo, im hoping someone knows where to find all the little things in there with all all the little holes and maybe even a needle. ive tried the comp and looked around the area but i cant find anything for 18mm PTF? carb. and if you want to know the other little differeces i saw, let me know.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my buddy runs exact same setup i do and put the 20 on in place of his 18. i have been running the needle and pilot (both slightly different) out of his 18 and my bike has quite a bit more pep. seeing this, im sure he now wants it back and will probably just trow the 18 on. thnx for the links but i dont think i saw what im lookin for. not sure of terminology, but id really like a keihin 35 and 38 pilot, main jet holder?, and 2ckrp needle to play with. and maybe in the future a slide and needle seat? (that brass thing the needle goes down into). hope i dont have to buy a new carb to make it run that good again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.