PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that pitster has a bike with a 14" rear, and I believe Orion as well. I could probably call and get one special from them, but I am looking for somewhere that I could just order both a front and rear wheel in 14" that would match closely, as wide as possible but width isnt terribly important.

I want the 14" because I am putting billet crf forks on my c70 and the 17" drum wheel isnt going to work... So I am dropping the bike down and making it into a retard, a retro-tard. I dont want to go any smaller than 14" as this already seems to be a bit small for the frame.

Also disk for the rear, unless there is a place that sells matching disk front drum rear, which would be great.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I bought my 14 inch rear wheel from jr motorsports in hong kong I found them on ebay and asked for wheels they had them made for me I have photos in my albums here on pm:cool:

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have matching 14" wheels and stock tires from my pitster lxm...swapped to 12" mobster and tt92s...pm me if ur interested

·
Registered
451 Posts
FrodoGT said:
How much did they cost if you dont mind? And I am having some trouble finding them.

I paid $300 for a 14 rear 17 front and a swingarm and this time it only took 13 days to ship I think the web site is www.tdrmotorparts.com I found them on ebay under jr motorsports I typed pit bike in the search and they have some cool items good luck

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
skipbuysparts said:
I paid $300 for a 14 rear 17 front and a swingarm and this time it only took 13 days to ship I think the web site is www.tdrmotorparts.com I found them on ebay under jr motorsports I typed pit bike in the search and they have some cool items good luck

yeah, I have bought from TDR before,,,,,,,same exact China stuff that you can get here without the brand name on it (kind of like generic beer)

·
Registered
451 Posts
doopsx3 said:
yeah, I have bought from TDR before,,,,,,,same exact China stuff that you can get here without the brand name on it (kind of like generic beer)

I have found them to be very freindly and very careful to not sell the wrong product. I did have to wait 40 days for a set of levers that didnt arrive then 5 more for the next set to arrive.

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
the shipping was always fairly quick for me , being from China and all...same poo that is sold here...., I try to support the vendors here...like motor stuff I will get from Terry and wheels from BBR...but when it is special items or lets say Motard Chinese wheel sets. I will buy from TDR 'cuz you will spend 1/2 as much cabbage with them and they pack the items well, unlike one major Chinese bike vendor on the PM and you know who you are don't ya

·
Registered
451 Posts
the shipping has been really fast on all of the things I ordered except that one set of levers. terry made me wait 5 months for a motor and another month for the pitster decomp. I paid in full the day he sent the paypall invoice then 5 months later I complained in one of his threads. sorry about all that. I know you are freinds with terry. jr motorsports gets things into the states fast and saves a lot of cash. A vender on pm quoted me $450 for the wheels and I got a swingarm with my wheels for a $150 less:cool:

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
Never had a problem with Terry....sorry you did...I did have one issue with TDR but they cleared it up right away...longest I waited for parts from them was 2 weeks

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
back to the OP problem...TDR has wheels with CNC hubs for $85 plus shipping....email them what widths and sizes you want...alexwharehouse has them for $140...same wheels...these are set prices not each...check them out

·
Registered
451 Posts
does alexwharehouse have a web site? I have only had that one shipping problem with tdr and they took care of it fast. good prices and fast shipping or as fast as can be expected from china is the norm.

·
Registered
451 Posts
doopsx3 said:
Never had a problem with Terry....sorry you did...I did have one issue with TDR but they cleared it up right away...longest I waited for parts from them was 2 weeks

the levers got lost along the way and trd waited to see if they would show up then shipped me another set. shipping only took 5 days from hong kong. the wheels I bought only took 12 days and they had them made at the factory in that time. Still bothers me to order from china its a long ways away.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All great suggestions and I am looking into each of them, thank you guys. I am eagerly awaiting a reply from marley regarding his lxr stock set.

·
Registered
7,611 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It seems that alexwarehouse does not offer a 14/14 setup in any of their wheels, only 14/12 and 17/14

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
FrodoGT said:
It seems that alexwarehouse does not offer a 14/14 setup in any of their wheels, only 14/12 and 17/14

I bet if you call them they would....TDR did not have a 2.15X12 and 2.5X12 combo on their website but they sold it to me when I emailed them

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thats true. I will surely call them if I dont hear about the other set within a reasonable time period. My front end hasnt even arrived yet, so that is the first to be tackled..mounting a USD CRF front end on an 83 c70!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got my front end..c70 head tube is way longer than a crf, but the bearings match,,will have to cut and weld the new one, oh well..ONWARD. Too bad I get spotty responses from people on the back wheel.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts