PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where is a good ysr blaster motor swap page

what is needed with wiring?? i know i need to get the frame modded and swing arm

what do much people spend on doing this swap...and how fast can a stock blaster motor move a ysr?

·
Registered
87 Posts
i know they make a 240cc big bore kit check out "vitos" search it on the web as for the swap i dunno but good luck:fing02:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the Blaster swap. Go with a four stroke, it will cost you about the same amount of cash and in the end you will be happier.

How fast do the YSR/Blasters go? They have just a little more top speed than a Derbi swap with an SP72 jug but a crap load of torque that the Derbi doesn't. This is with a bone stock Blaster motor with a stock carb and an RZ350 OEM pipe. I'm sure a small porting job and a 30mm carb will make the blaster swap faster than stink, but I would still rather have a four stroke.

Here's a vid of my YSR topping out. It has gone a little faster than that, but it was windy as hell and I couln't tuck in cuz if I did the cam wouldn't have captured the speedo.

Top speed run.wmv from cdiaz3 on Motionbox

By the way, a Blaster has no more than 17 to 18 HP stock, you can get more than that with an XR200 or a CRF230.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts