PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry if this is a repost. anyway i'm running stock working on my wheelies. every time i seem to start a good one my bike leans to the left or right. any ideas that will help me master the fine art of wheelies? i know practice is a big part of it but anything else?

thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
On my mini I learned wheelies by lifting the bike past the balance point while dragging my feet behind me. That gives you the feel of a wheelie and you can do them for miles. Easier in the grass since your shoes won't be shredded.

After I got the hang of it, I would drag my feet and lift them bit by bit closer to the pegs until I got them on and rode at the balance point with my feet on the pegs.

When you got the wheelies down, do the same thing but use the rear brake to drop the front wheel when you go back too far. If you're leaning side-to-side, it's kind of easy to balance if you keep your left leg hanging out sideways off the bike to counter balance. It is also easier when Outkast is playing 'Hey-Ya' in your headphones.

Pretty soon you'll do wheelies standing or kneeling on the seat.

Now, what do you think of me running the applied clamp with Tag mini-play bars? Too tall?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.