PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im havnig some trouble lacing up my rear wheel. Its a 10" WRP with HD spokes. The problem im running into is that when I go to put the spokes through the rim after pulling them through the hub is that the spokes wont line up with the holes correctly. One side I can get in but when I try to put the spokes from the other side of the hub in it appears as if the hub has gotten offset somehow and they wont go in. Any ideas.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Try doing every 3rd spoke or something?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
ya, there are two spokes. one spoke has a 90 degree bend and the other has more than 90 degree bend. I believe the ones with the 90 degree bend come through the hub from the inside

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
I just laced up 3 wheels.WRP rims with buchanan spokes and had the same problem with all 3.The outer spokes didnt have enough bend to them.The inners were fine.I just bent the end a little more on each one of the outer spokes and they worked fine.I did notice on all of these WRP rims they have a huge flat spot where they're welded and trying to true them is a bitch. :(

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL come on guys I know there are inners and outers lol, and the rim shouldnt be bent, its brand new. The hub is fine as well.

Goinonfiddy, what you just said sounds exactly like my problem. I even have the Buchanan spokes. It seems as if the ones that from the outside dont have enough bend. How exactly did you bend em, while they in the hub or what.

·
Registered
8,629 Posts
send me a pic and i can tell you exactly what it is.....uless the bendin thing will work. i know i had to bend like 1 or 2 spokes becasue they werent in the right position.make sure you have the right spoke going to the right hole to begin with...putting in that first spoke wrong can mess the whole wheel up.

good luck

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can try and get a pic of it. I think I may start lacing it with the insides first this time and if things line up better will go with that and then just bent the outside ones as needed.

·
Registered
8,629 Posts
set all 28 on the table take the ones that you can tell are the more bent and the less bent..seperate them into two piles.

take the ones that you cant really tell what they are. figure which pile has less than 14 and bend the remaining to match the others in that pile.

then you should have all the spokes perfect. then go ahead and try to lace em up again.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Aight, ill give it ago. Ill let know if I have any other problems. In the meantime any other tips anyone wants to throw in is welcome.

·
Registered
198 Posts
do all the spokes that push through from the outside first (both sides) then the inside,

if you do it the other way round (inside first) when you come to do the outside there isnt enough room (the other spokes get in the way)

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I got it. The rear spokes just took some extra encouragment to go into their holes :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.