PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres a topic i dont think anyone has started:p.... what shoes do you like best when rideing a pitbike??? as i would like to buy a set of tech 2 or thors but there $150 bucks:(!!!!! i like $20 pair of shoes much better!:cool: do u guys like high tops? nikes? DCs? whats your shoe of choice?

·
Registered
623 Posts
if you're serious about riding, forget the shoes and go with boots!

I stripped my feet nails many times with accidental bad landing from jumps or even cornering..

I use Alpinestars No-Stop boots; it's a trial boot, a lot comfortable with plenty of protection for you feet without the dislikes of a big plastic mx boots.;)

trust me,better spend some more bucks, after all its for you safe.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
I know it's a lot more comfortable in some DC's but man i have seen and heard of some ankle/foot carnage. Some of it could have been avoided with at least some 50/50's or full boots. I ride in 50/50's and there have been a few times i was sure glad to not be wearing my old DC's like old pine stumps just barely catching toes... It's about enough to want to save up for some real boots

I would at least get some mid boots if i were you

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
nautha said:
I use Alpinestars No-Stop boots; it'a a trial boot, a lot comfortable with plenty of protection for you feet without the dislikes of a big plastic mx boots

never seen those, might have to check them out. are they easy to find and did you get them over there or in the states?

·
Registered
623 Posts
redirt78 said:
never seen those, might have to check them out. are they easy to find and did you get them over there or in the states?

i took them from a A.stars rep here in Italy (Alpinestars is italian..)but the brand is huge in U.S.

Yes, i think that you will find them easily in the US.

Those are the boots that Pingree and McGrath uses when they ride minis..

Its a full leather boot lower than an mx boot (only three closures instead of 4..).

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i just cant stand rideing in boots! its just not the same as shoes lol ive been rideing pitbikes for about 4-5 years now and only got a couple of ankle cuts from foot pegs and stuff.... soo im just looking for a sweet set of shoes;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just broke my foot two weeks ago after catching my toes on a stump with my foot on the peg. No more shoes for me but I've got to get something else for boots cuz my tech 8's are too stiff.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts