PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
my favorite is the plastic Magura that Applied sells. its so smooth and light(to turn)

ive noticed that most the aluminum throttles have the brake lever mount, and the cable sticking down to hit your knee on. seeems like a bad desighn :?

·
Registered
63 Posts
sano, their throttle is way trick, and it comes in like blue red black and maybe silver, i'm not sure. it's real nice, but fast 50's is what i have with a brake mount and i know they make it w/out the brake mount also. they aren't easy to find, but i will say i had the applied plastic one before and first of all you can't use a big bore kit with that throttle cause the cable has to screw into the throttle and also the part where the cable attaches is really wide and so it's hard to fit your brake lever on your bars.

·
Registered
938 Posts
the applied throttles are great, and like five-0 said they are super smooth. plus they are the cheapest ones out there, like half the price of a billet one. also yes you can use it with a bbk, all you have to do is take the cable out of the cap that it coumes with, and pop it into the carb you need. i have it on my 17mm carb right now.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
LogiKal said:
I have a fast50s throttle that we put on the lathe and cut it down so its not al bulky, now it only says "S50s" instead of "FAST50s" but it looks good and works good.
whered you get the s off of fast, wouldnt it be st50's?

sounds like fun too cuttin up a 100$ throtle

·
Registered
110 Posts
Most of the billet throttles are similar in quality: Sano, Red Baron, Five-0, etc. It all boils down to what you think looks cool. The Red Baron and Five-0 have 1/4 turn, which is nice for a BBK.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.