PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I am new to this board and 50's and was wondering if you guys would give me some pointers about buying a 50.

I am not sure if I should buy a 50 bone stock, or already tricked.I mean, I have already found one that looks like a good deal with the 86cc kit and 4spd clutch, suspension, ect, roughly 2k.But I am not sure if I should get an auto or one with a clutch.I have ridden my friends 50 with the 88 kit and the 3spd auto.It has plenty of power and I thought it was great.I have just never experianced a clutch on a 50.Which is better, auto or clutch?

I could just modify it myself.The way I figure it, is I can build one the way I want from the start.Or, buy one that is half way there, just because it looks cheaper to buy one that is already tricked.Is it cheaper to buy tricked or do it all yourself?

Thanks in advance.

Kyle

·
Registered
87 Posts
you should pm vince his planet minis name is skindonor he owns rc motorsports talk to him he can probly give u a better deal on a bike thats got suspention,frame,swing arm,ect......plus his engines are a new bread of fiddy engines they have a 4 speed with a 86cc kit wich will be plenty enough power to smoke a 88kit.....

hope this helps... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
279 Posts
it is def. cheaper to buy one all ready tricked out. but many of the ones that are all ready tricked out are RAGGED out. and if you chose to buy one bone stock,either buy a new one, or buy one that has only been riden by a 6year old child. just make sure the one you buy is not RAGGED out

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, the bike I am looking at has an 86cc kit that puts out (suposedly) 9HP. So it should smoke an 88(I think they put out around 6.5?).What I really want to know isw should I get an auto or a clutch?I really like the clutch since I am used to it on my other bike.But all my friends with 50's say keep it an auto.

·
Registered
87 Posts
i would get a manual clutch bec. with a manual clutch on a fiddy u can keep it from bogging through tight turns,with a auto clutch u have to deal with the bogging so i would go with the manual clutch but that just my opinion..... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Only reason your friends dont wont you to get the manual clutch is because they know you will stomp them coming out of a corner with it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.