PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide on a rear tire(12") for my bike and from looking at the pictures I have noticed some are running what looks to be wider than stock, so what tires and what sizes?!?! Post pictures if you have any, thanks!

·
Registered
451 Posts
my favorite 12 inch rear is the kenda millville. most tires dont have more than one size 12 inch tire. just diferent compound hardpack intermediate soft I also had good result from a dunlop d773 12 inch hope this helps

·
Registered
551 Posts
I currently using kenda washougal. But the knobs on the tire is breaking after some hours, but pretty good grip. Tried the kenda milvile but it was even worse.

I'll try dunlop tires next time dad order some.

·
Registered
451 Posts
the sizes vary from one brand to the other and the amount of knobs make them diferent also look on google for 12 inch tires there is a lot of diferent treads available you need to pick the one for where you ride I mostly ride in the woods so I try to get soft terain tires

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im going camping next weekend and want to get rid of the cheap ass china tire. The trails are all woods but go between mud, shail and hard packed clay. Other than that I live right outside DC so it wont get much use, hell im probably going to sell it after this trip.

·
Registered
451 Posts
klloyd said:
Im going camping next weekend and want to get rid of the cheap ass china tire. The trails are all woods but go between mud, shail and hard packed clay. Other than that I live right outside DC so it wont get much use, hell im probably going to sell it after this trip.
if you are going to sell the bike after one weekend of rideing you should save your money and suffer with the crappy tires

·
Registered
830 Posts
I have had good luck with the brigestone m403 front and the m404 rear works great but doesnt last very long. I am running dunlop mx51 right now and it works good and seems to last a little longer than the 404.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ended up getting the Pirelli Scorpion from a local dealer. It was the only one in the area that had a 12" in stock.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts