PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a extreme prostock 88. the bike comes with a 86cc motor and I am looking at two options. I have a tb manual clutch already on the bike. Should I just bolt in a gpx124 with the 4 up, or should I throw a tb 114(no race head).

·
Registered
389 Posts
I asked a similar question a while back, only it was which would be faster a 114 kit for a Xtreme 107 or new stock GPX. The response was that a 114 would be as fast or faster then a stock GPX but with some extra $$ for mods a GPX would be faster.

I went with the 114 kit (less initial cash). If I had to do it over I would consider a Lifan or GPX instead of the 114 kit but this is as compared to a 107 engine. I am sure that the newer 86 engines are much more reliable then the 107.

Good luck on this choice!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Check $ options. If the 114 kit is about the same price as a whole GPX then forget it. You could have two engines, or sell the stock engine to someone looking to upgrade their stock fiddy motor.

What ya want to do vs. what you want to spend (or can spend)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.