PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when adjusting a semi auto clutch in a Z50, when you turn the screw and are meant to STOP at the point of resistance,

WHERE EXACTLY IS THAT RESISTANCE SECTION COMING FROM?

is it the 4x clutch springs that are behind the 4 screws that need to be impact wrenched off?

or the 4 springs that are on the clutch housing that you can see from the front of the clutch housing?

thanks

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
It's from those three ball bearings pressing on the clutch and actually disengaging it. If you kept going past the resistance and rode it like that, you would depress the clutch and get no power transfer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for that,

than what does it mean when you have to adjust it INTO the resistance section, otherwise when you put it into gear the bike just creeps forward and eventually stalls the engine,

the clutch has only done 1200km,

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
You should not adjust it into the resistance. The manual says to the resistance and then back 1/8 to 1/4 turn. It never says into the resistance. Save your self some trouble. Get a TB manual. I haven't dealt with that messed up adjusting in over a year.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers, but i have the manual, and ive adjusted it like the book says 15 times now, and it will not idle in gear, as soon as you put it into gear the bike is off, and if you hit the brakes it stalls,

and the idle is so low,

its 2 weeks now and iam getting frustrated:grin:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
pitmaster said:
cheers, but i have the manual, and ive adjusted it like the book says 15 times now, and it will not idle in gear, as soon as you put it into gear the bike is off, and if you hit the brakes it stalls,

and the idle is so low,

its 2 weeks now and iam getting frustrated:grin:
I think he meant a manual clutch.

Try lowering your idle speed. It may be just high enough to engage the clutch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.