PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gary got the adapters the other day and they look awesome thanks for that

right i have front and rear kx65 calipers and im trying to work out whats the best option for master cylinders.

I was thinking kx450/250 master cylinders but in a previous thread you said they feel different just wondering on whats different about using these masters.

Im after modulated braking feel so i can feed in the braking instead of on/off braking like on some brakes

also is there any masters i cannot use with the brake hoses i got off of you.

Thanks Ross....

· Registered
814 Posts
The kx65 one is a direct bolt on with Gary's kit, but you are stuck with the remote reservoir. I did that for a while and it works fine but is inconvenient. Now I have a yz250f master (never version with integrated reservoir), but you have to carefully grind away the billet master mounting spacer to get it to fit. Works great, no reservoir. I don't think the kawi big bike one works. I tried one from an 06 kx250f with no luck.

· Registered
5,278 Posts
The Rear we run the YZ250f/YZ450f master cylinders (Best for progressive feel) which uses the same bolt pattern as the KX65 master.

For the front we also use the YZ250f/YZ450f master cylinders because of the better progressive feel as well.

NOTE: The KX250f/KX450f master cylinders for the rear will not fit on the adapter bracket (The spacing is different )

· Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well its going onto a perimeter frame so im guessing the mounting holes will be same anyway.

but kx250/450 master will work though or not as the case may be from the reply above yours.

· Registered
5,278 Posts
Well its going onto a perimeter frame so im guessing the mounting holes will be same anyway.

but kx250/450 master will work though or not as the case may be from the reply above yours.

all the perimeter frame bikes we have done we have still adapted the YZ250f/YZ450f master cylinder. You just have to take a piece of steel and shape it and put two holes in it to attach to the master and the frames mounting hole,, then make a spacer to the thickness of the Master cylinder s mounting surface. Here is a pic of that part on Tom parsons bike:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.