PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Do the flames come out when it backfires?

I rode trails on bmx (not like mx trails, but rythem sections) Couldnt do any tricks, I just like hittin stuff smooth.

Pretty good on a motorcycle. Been racing since i was 3. In 95 I got a KTM 50, and went to ponca the next year in 96. I won ponca and KTM gave me a ride. I went to lorettas after winning my qualifiers, but we didnt have a bike until I won ponca, so I was an alternate and didnt get to race. Rode for KTM until 2000 when I was on 65's.. Hit as many big races as I could and won state championchip in ... 1999 or 2000. I made it to Lorettas and got 6th with a broken shoulder. (on 65's) Stopped racing about 2 years ago...Rode 85's but didn't go to lorettas. I went to mosiure valley and whiteney and ponca, though.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the flames come out when it back fires, I think it's pretty sweet but I need to find a screen, wouldn't wanna catch my woods on fire. I used to ride mx too. My previous bikes were a 1991 cr 80 and a 97 cr 125 which I sold when I left Vegas. Haven't had a big bike since, but I’m planning on getting a crf 250. The fifty is tons of fun though!

·
Registered
438 Posts
I was a national champion BMX rider, for many years in the expert class.

I can ump and will jump anything and know when im not jumping somehting how to soak it up. When it came to getting from point a to point b i could haul ass and smoke many people. But when it came time to turn a corner in a rut or pick a rut to slide through on a straightaway i was confused at first. Ive since learned how to ride a corner in a rut fairly well.

I think its a good toss up. But a rider with great BMX skills will prvail over a motocrosser

unless!!!!! he is a little motocrosser... then he will fit perfectly onto the XR50 and haul ass.....just like riding his polini or Cobra

·
Registered
88 Posts
BMX to xr50 racer

where did you race bmx i raced bmx for 7 years. It most definitly helps you to be a better mx rider, at least i think so. i raced bmx nationally for 7 years also. But id much rather ride mx its alot more challenging and FUN! :lol:

·
Registered
438 Posts
If you pick a track i have reaced at it. I raced ABA and NBL. All across the country at all the major nationals. The last class I raced was 19-27 expert.

I rode for specialized, and had a bunch of co sponsers that made me make it to races.

I gave it up as i was asked to move up to a-pro and i rode for fun. I did not want to make a career out of it. I rode for 4 hours a day as it was and i was not fast enough to race pro so i would have to ride more each day and i did not want to. It became to depanding for a hobbie.

·
Registered
491 Posts
ive only been ridin mx for like 4 years and i hav been hitting some local bmx jumps for about 4 years too. i recently sold me 250 (it was too much for me) and i hav been riding my friends 50 all summer so i desided to get one. for me its alot of fun bacause its like doin mx, and bmx at the same time, plus alot easier and cheaper to maintain a 50, u can customize it SOOO much, and i hav alot more places ot ride 50s then big bikes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.