PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,317 Posts
Take a pic of the resi from the angle of the valve and i'll be able to tell you. based on that pic, its the m4 not a6. if you take the other pic, i'll be able to confirm. you can text it to me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,088 Posts
HatterasCast said:
Take a pic of the resi from the angle of the valve and i'll be able to tell you. based on that pic, its the m4 not a6. if you take the other pic, i'll be able to confirm. you can text it to me


That's what I was going off of.



The A4 doesn't look like it has that red knob sticking out as far as her shock does. Here's some examples:



M1-A4







M1-A6



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,317 Posts
Thats not the same valve cap. Its not a knob or an adjustment. Its a standard threaded valve cap like what you put on the valve on your tubes.....



It also does not have the highspeed compression allen adjustment, only the low speed is shown based on that pic.



Thats the main give away that its an a4.



if she send me a pic of the other end of the resi, there is another hex adjustment for the external resi volume adjuster. you need a 10mm deep socket to adjust it.



i know my ****
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,088 Posts
Cool I learned something new today. I have never used a shock with a resi on it before so I didn't know it was just a cap, I assumed it was a knob.



I didn't really think to look at the adjuster on the resi.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,664 Posts
HatterasCast said:
Thats not the same valve cap. Its not a knob or an adjustment. Its a standard threaded valve cap like what you put on the valve on your tubes.....



It also does not have the highspeed compression allen adjustment, only the low speed is shown based on that pic.



Thats the main give away that its an a4.



if she send me a pic of the other end of the resi, there is another hex adjustment for the external resi volume adjuster. you need a 10mm deep socket to adjust it.



i know my ****




X2



I'm with you on this one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,112 Posts
srry to thread jack but what shock is better the m4 or the m6? I just ordered a m6 and want to know some info on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,317 Posts
lilminis said:
srry to thread jack but what shock is better the m4 or the m6? I just ordered a m6 and want to know some info on it.




If you got the m6 you're in for a treat becuase it is top of the line! I've only had experience with the m4 and setup up right, it is super sweet. Definately over looked/under rated shock. If you bought the m6 new, save the receipt, you'll have a lifetime warranty with i-shock and free re-valves. they're extremely pleasent to work with and know how to set these shocks up right. the m6 just has a few more adjustments over the m4 to help you really fine tun your suspension. other than the adjusters, they're the basically the same
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,317 Posts
id run that. its a sweet setup. send the shock to ishock and pay to have them valve and tune it for your weight etc. they'll call you and ask a bunch of questions and get it dialled. turn around is extremely fast with them too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,112 Posts
im glad to hear the the m6 is a good shock. I was going to buy a float but i heard to many bad things about them. I did buy the shock used so what will it cost me to get it revavled and rebuilt from ishock? Thanks Brandon
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top