PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best cam for a stock head? is the tb cam any good? and how hard is it to put the cam in? like is it a slip in and go thing or is it like the 4th gear drum how u gotta take the motor out and split cases

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Takegawa cam.. Easy to do, just find TDC, remove the cam sprocket and she'll slide right out. No engine removal or case splitting :D

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
tb cams are really good. good price too, but if you want the BEST the probably takegawa or kitaco or something.. i think ive heard of some people putting YX150 cams in 110 heads, i have the YX head on a 110 and it isnt as good as an aftermarket bvh but it gets the job done lol. i have had kamikaze, tb, and of course the stock cams in both my stock and my mod bikes and the kami and tb are really close performance wise imo, but if you hold the YX and the tb/kami cams side by side youll see that the YX has more lift..

however i dont know for sure if the YX will fit in a stock klx head, but im sure you can grab one for dirt cheap and have it doctor'd on a bit to rip ;)

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so is that tb cam wort the 65 bucks? lol i have to order gaskets online and the shipping cost more than the gasket itself so i was gonna get that tb cam but no idea if its good or not:confused:

·
Registered
253 Posts
when you say tb are you talking about 2bros, cause if you are the 2 bros cam is a takagawa cam or pitpros, and yes $65 is a good price

1 - 13 of 13 Posts