PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I've got a new CR50F my kids been riding. We noticed after our last ride that there was oil dripping on to the floor. At first we thought it was coming from the shift shaft but after cleaning everything up it appears to be coming from a small hole (manufactured not a puncture) just behind the shift shaft, on the bottom of the left crank case cover just under where the front sprocket is.

What is this hole? Why would it be leaking?

Thanks all!

PS. Pic shows paper towel in hole so we can determine if this is the only place we have a leak.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle brake Alloy wheel Automotive exhaust

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your seal behind the stator may be leaking. That hole is a tell tale to let you know. Take the cover off and check.
This was super helpful. We thought it might be something like that. I think the thing is still under waranty and if it is we'll take it back. Either way I'll report back here when we figure it out.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
they can leak from a few places under there. Crankshaft seal, the stator plate seal oring, the little bracket that holds the wiring in place, the plate screws (although I've never seen those leak), the counter sprocket, and the neutral switch (which i think has a plug on these) and the shift drum retainer plug.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts