PlanetMinis Forums banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
That engine has a Yoshimura head kit, 88cc, huge valves. Valvetrain with roller rockers, setting valve lash using shims.
(I have one in sleeper format but is not i a frame yet)
Left to right, nt70(china), daytona 88 oval, yoshimura 88 head.
Auto part Audio equipment Bicycle part Machine Engineering

Pistons
Gear Bicycle part Engineering Auto part Rim

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Not in japan but in belgium, for most people here it will be like looking into a candy shop.
(I hope this album is open because not mine...)

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Not in japan but in belgium, for most people here it will be like looking into a candy shop.
(I hope this album is open because not mine...)
Album is not open sadly. Also, that Yosh head is wicked! The far left one looks like what we get in the US from a company called TBParts. Looks a lot like their Version 1 Race Head.

Product Font Auto part Machine Camera lens

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Good gravy!! Those are some valves!!!

Something I have learned from this hobby (thats see in all and translates to all hobbies) quality ALWAYS out ways everything. Sure you can buy a 190cc motor but, I bet, it ain’t going to have the same feel as that 88 with that insanely built head. That’s just impressive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
"Honda Monkey, gorilla 12V exhaust the amount of 138cc of the SP is an exhibition of Takekawa made by Super tuning engine with head. It is a removal from the production vehicle. The operation has been confirmed.
As for the details of the parts, the lower back is assembled based on the genuine 12V monkey engine.
All are made from famous domestic manufacturers (SP Takegawa, CF-POSH, Active, Earl's, Daytona, etc. ) .
The mission is SP Takegawa TAF 5- speed dry cross mission / S Touring Part No. 02-04-0073
The clutch is SP Takegawa special clutch / hydraulic type for dry type Part No. 02-02-0144
The mesh hoses of the hydraulic clutch and the main body of the hydraulic clutch are also made by SP Takegawa and are included.
SP Takegawa Skat 138cc Super Head + R KIT (2 valves ) + 138cc dedicated crankshaft (3 point support ) + Skat cylinder 57mm diameter piston . With decompression (with 20 / 25D cam shaft ). Part number 01-06-8008 is.
SP Takegawa oil pump + 2mm orifice processing. SP Takegawa reinforced cam chain
Also in the one-off SP Takekawa made compact oil cooler 4 fin / 5 line part number 00-07-0008. Active-made thermostat Kit straight X 2 / 90 degrees X2 part number 1342216 has been with the Earl's made of mesh hose. The fittings of the oil cooler are made by Earl's.
In addition, a cover when an oil cooler is not required . A breather outlet cover is also attached.
The flywheel comes with a lightweight ( 850g) Daytona light flywheel ( part number 70631) ."

Oh man... hung it up in a Gcraft frame with a Yosh YD-MJN 24, nice.

Product Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Hood

Plumbing valve Valve Engineering Gas Machine

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
FYI those Active oil thermostats are not great on these little bikes...but really great on the big bikes. I have one on my Nice 176cc setup for years and never really thought it really worked. The bypass is always to the cooler on them and given the low rate of flow oil always goes through the cooler in enough quantity that it doesn't speed up the heating process. I've done tests to prove my theory....i still have it on my bike simply because i didn't want to have to make up a bunch of new AN lines. However, I also have one of these on a big bike..and with the amount of oil flow in that, it does make a difference in warming things up...quite a difference actually.

I've come to the conclusion after building modified CT70's for 21 years, that -6an lines are too big for the coolers...you want -4an

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 · (Edited)
Okay, this isn't an engine but it's a pretty unique piece I didn't know existed until today.

Hood Blue Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive tire

Automotive lighting Bicycle part Wood Jewellery Circle

Tire Automotive tire Bicycle part Jewellery Wheel

Bonus - All aluminum Yoshi cylinder
Nickel Tool Gas Auto part Cylinder

61 - 68 of 68 Posts