PlanetMinis Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Have you guys seen the stuff from SMR (sex machine racing)? They do dry clutches and the lot but just look at this case!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
The owner(or one of the owners) of smr was a member of this board, kevin32 if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just saw this and want to throw in my 2 cents on the original water cooled photo. I think its definitely overkill, people have been building big power air cooled 200-300cc Daytona's without cooling issues only running an oil cooler. Was talking with a guy on FB and he made a good point on the xr650 and how it was one of the best desert bikes ever created and was air cooled. I have always talked crap about air cooled motors but now im thinking its efficiency is a lot better than what i thought.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Just saw this and want to throw in my 2 cents on the original water cooled photo. I think its definitely overkill, people have been building big power air cooled 200-300cc Daytona's without cooling issues only running an oil cooler. Was talking with a guy on FB and he made a good point on the xr650 and how it was one of the best desert bikes ever created and was air cooled. I have always talked crap about air cooled motors but now im thinking its efficiency is a lot better than what i thought.
That watercooled engine is built for a load transporter not for funrides. With those things the asians move loads exceeding the payload of an US 1500series pickup truck. Slow, but it works.

·
Registered
656 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
From the looks of the 4V 50cc I think the left engine case could be replaced with non e-start and have a cool engine for a true pit pitbike.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
What kind of HP we talking with that? I guess if you were stuck running 49cc motors in a certain class, this could be cool...though I’d imagine said class would also not allow such a radical departure from the original motor.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Well this monster just popped up..

"Full power engine Flat 4stroke for PITBIKE Honda CRF150R for sale
✊
💪
price 4900€"

This sure is something.

·
Registered
656 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Wow! Better hold on tight with that one!!

·
Registered
1970 CT70
44 Posts
If I can throw my hat in thing ring I think we’re looking at this wrong. One of the biggest problems with oil and air cooling is that it requires 2 things: oil pressure and air flow. These little engines are usually in bikes that can and will spend lots of time putting around slow, or sitting in traffic somewhere. Ever been in traffic on an air cooled bike? Not to mention these engines can run real hot. Just my 2 cents tho. Kinda dumb sometimes so take as you will.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts