PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I can't stop looking at it. Is this the next big thing to hit the market? I was hoping for superchargers and turbos first before water cooled..

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
There are a lot of much smarter people on here that I’m sure can answer this but this makes me think of the 911. Is adding water cooling going dramatically improve things? Is adding a properly suited oil cooler just as efficient? Is this more of a potential massive power house when built to the max??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
135 Posts
Seems like a waste of time cooling only the cylinder,the heat is in the heads. It was the Porsche 935 that first used water cooling and that was just the heads,the rest of the engine was still aircooled. It was then followed by the 959

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Right! I meant the evolution of the 911. Exactly what you wrote. Not every motor is created equal BUT if you look at that example, you have to wonder why bother? Again, maybe someone on here knows more (or the people building know a bit less. Haha)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Super Moderator
3,331 Posts
I agree. What is the point? Water cooling just the cylinder. Added weight. No added HP. Pointless to me. I'll pass.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
For a chinese/far east tricycle transporter? (in dutch, "bakfiets" or "bakbrommer")
The head is at least partially water cooled, it has a cooling channel because the coolant outlet is between the inlet port and the valve cover.

I have a hard time figuring out the cc's...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Pretty innovative but for such a small combustion engine does seem to me to be abit overkill
Unlike the Porsche engine which is amazing in its own right those Germans sure did know what they where doing ....no surprise all the top engineers ended up at nasa heheh

I just can’t understand this motor or it’s purpose looks like something out of Japan in the late 90’s lol

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I mean, it's great to see that somewhere in the world companies (albeit not the best) are trying to continue to develop new stuff and push out fresh engines for pit bikes. I often times forget that the majority of South East Asian countries have bikes that use horizontal motors as a primary means of transportation.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Indeed, those engines are build in their version of a light "truck". With a load heavier than you average 1500 truck may carry.

(in europe the payload of a medium stationwagen often exceed the payload of those 1500 series trucks after lb to kg conversion, I wonder why those things exist)

·
Registered
680 Posts
I don't think I have pictures saved anymore but there has been china water cooled version since at least mid 2000s. All trash.

Anima still king.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Because I don't want to start another post check out this absolutely awesome NICE 110 engine that just popped up

~$950
Definitely not worth popping 950 for a unknown condition Nice engine plus 250 to ship it.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Definitely not worth popping 950 for a unknown condition Nice engine plus 250 to ship it.
Yeah, it's a gamble for sure. If I was still in country, I could buy it, see if it ran and if it didn't return it under their 14 day return policy. Just a cool motor to stumble across, don't seem them pop up often.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
The zn110(nice) is a thai engine, that is why you do not see them that often in japan. Different countries, different local models.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Whenever I come across a particularly interesting motor or cool build, I'm just gonna dump it in here. Dudes in Japan build some beautiful motors that deserve the little bit of attention we can give em'

1 - 20 of 64 Posts