1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
V2 !!!

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
i think theres one for sale in the classifieds for $250 :)

·
Vendor
10,567 Posts
wogtaz ryder said:
How does the kitaco Se head compare to the +r/v2 ?
Roller rocker design will out perform a plain tappet head.

To Elaborate:

Roller rocker design provides a system that opens the valves farther right away and holds them farther open longer during the operation.

One simple analogy is comparing an analog sign wave to a digital one.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Cheers ,

Make sense , i thought for the price it would of been a roller setup ..

you no any specs on the SE valve/port sizes ? cheers.

·
Banned
1 Posts
wogtaz ryder said:
Cheers ,

Make sense , i thought for the price it would of been a roller setup ..

you no any specs on the SE valve/port sizes ? cheers.

I'll get you the specs off your SE, Woggy. Don't fret the lack of rollers. Kitaco port shape is nice, and the rollers don't fully utilize their "advantage" in profile, plus they weigh more, requiring more spring and the losses from that. Yours has smaller valves than a V2/+R, but thinner stems and a lot lighter setup. I hear you like to buzz 'em:)

OP, what use are you planning for the bike? Carb? Pipe? Got an updated output shaft? Advice without those details is poop.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
I agree. Just because the +R/V2 heads are a roller design doesn't mean they are a better head than say a SE head.

There is alot of mass to move in those heads and the roller tips lack of friction doesn't outweight the frictional loses.

A well ported SE head will make just as much if not more power than a +R/V2 head if it's on the right combintation of other engine parts.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I have all the heads a V2 and a +R and a SE and a (dood) big valve SE. The V2 and +R are great heads and make super power with more cams to fit your motor and riding style. The SE head works great if you like to rev the bike more, but once you get a big valve ported SE head the thing just rips.

Don't get me wrong all the V2 and +R and SE heads are awesome heads you just have to find the one (you) like or works best for what you ride or how you ride.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
For the money a stock off the shelf V2 is hard to beat. If money is no option then there are several combinations.....but just make sure the bottom end can handle them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts