PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stock engine, stock everything. Bike starts on first kick, idles great and even revs half throttle fine. Once i hit 3/4 throttle or passed the bike dies. why? i havent done anything to it since it ran fine. I used to run 87 in it and now i ran 1 tank of 93 through. then this happened- THANKS

·
Vendor
10,562 Posts
You may need to clean your carb and must be able to see light thru both pilot and main jets.

The main is so small that even a tiny bit of dirt can clog it.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
had same problem with my buddys bike, he rode it and it was fine, then washed it cos it was muddy and the next time it would start fine but when you got to about half throttle it would sound like a car bouncing off the rev limiter

he sent it to the yamaha shop where he gets hes 450 serviced and they told him they had fixed it, but it was still the same!

i swapped carbs off my bike and it was fine so i knew it was the carb, cleaned the carb i took everything out that could possibly be removed and the ****er still does it!!!!

its a mystery i tell ya, this ones for scooby doo cos im all out of clues

·
Registered
4 Posts
It could be the cdi box,especially if its a chinese one. I saw a bike that was doing the same thing and we swapped the cdi box and it was fine. My bike just started doing the same thing, so hopefully the new cdi box will fix it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts