PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Search for bar kits. You'll find a bunch of information. It's been talked about many times before. Myself, I just picked up a Red Baron MX bar kit for $165 on Ebay, that's pretty affordable. Just keep your eye open in places like that and deals will pop up.

Attachments

·
Registered
755 Posts
I run the Jokermachine bar kit with the fwd mount and love it. its a bmx style setup and is great for the bigger rider, makes it more comfortable to stand up too. i also have the BBR triple clamp which i bought to compare to the joker clamp because i have heard that because of the way the joker mount is (up and fwd) that i make the mini steer differently. well i can tell you thats not true i liked the joker clamp way better, but for a smaller guy i can see the BBR being just as good. just my .02

·
Registered
27 Posts
i use the joker kit with the forward mount also, i am not a big guy and it works great for me, nice looking kit too

·
Registered
438 Posts
if your looking for best kit for the money the joker kit your looking around 199.99. The bbr bar kit you can pick up for around 179.99. The Red BAron kit you can pick up for aorund 165.99 with BMX bars.

But like it said most complete kit. The BBR come swith EVERYTHING.. right down to the nice kill switch, grips, cables, etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cheapest Option Bar / Clamp

I got a mate to make up a 5mm thick stainless top plate, then just bought some old Suzuki Road Bike Clamps (half moons) from a Motocycle wreckers. Drilled them myself then bought some cheap BMX bars. The Throttle I bought from the wrecker, a road bike pull push housing.

All up cost me $60. NZ or $35. US :D :D

·
Registered
755 Posts
xr50racer said:
if your looking for best kit for the money the joker kit your looking around 199.99. The bbr bar kit you can pick up for around 179.99. The Red BAron kit you can pick up for aorund 165.99 with BMX bars.

But like it said most complete kit. The BBR come swith EVERYTHING.. right down to the nice kill switch, grips, cables, etc.

i got my joker kit off ebay for 175 came complete, my only complaint is they don't use stainless bolts for the clamp but there easily replaceable

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.