Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
those ebay forks will be too long.....they are more for a crf 70 style bike (14/12 wheels)....I have AS02 and the BBR SP-5....the SP-5's are CRF 70 copies but just a little better...the AS02 are ok but a little finicky to set up...but for a CRF50 style size frame you need forks around the 25-27 inch overall lenght and not really anymore

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My pit bike has 14" in the front and 12" in the back. I like the whole kit (rim,tire,brake,handlebars,brake system) because with the fastace as-02 u have to buy a whole brake sytem, rim if it doesnt line up etc. Do you think if i get the front forks on ebay and get a fastace or a different shock that is 11". would it work? idk ha :confused:

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
there was a PM member on here selling a complete AS02 setup....just a few days ago....FastAce shocks are not reliable...at least the ones I have had...DNM are hit or miss...get a Fox or other quality shock

·
Registered
63 Posts
first of all ignore those dudes talking about selling it for a stock 50 or 110 that advice is terrible..

doopsx3 hit it on the head. Go measure the length of the forks on your bike. Its probably 25 inches or 26 inches. You need something around that size

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
if his bike is stock 14/12 then it is probably a CRF70/SSR sized bike and then those forks may work....still tho he should measure his stock ones to check for compatability....never had those particular Ebay forks.........if I had a bike that was an original 14/12 and I wanted decent forks for cheap, I would go with some GPX forks (used alot on Pitsters and other China bikes)...change the oil and they are decent and on the cheap.....get some used ones....save some $$$$$...

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
doopsx3 said:
if his bike is stock 14/12 then it is probably a CRF70/SSR sized bike and then those forks may work....still tho he should measure his stock ones to check for compatability....never had those particular Ebay forks.........if I had a bike that was an original 14/12 and I wanted decent forks for cheap, I would go with some GPX forks (used alot on Pitsters and other China bikes)...change the oil and they are decent and on the cheap.....get some used ones....save some $$$$$...

What kinda used fork you think i should get, i want to have rebound and compression adjustment on them too.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
stlavsa said:
first of all ignore those dudes talking about selling it for a stock 50 or 110 that advice is terrible..

doopsx3 hit it on the head. Go measure the length of the forks on your bike. Its probably 25 inches or 26 inches. You need something around that size

i will check the measurement and see, i think its like 26" or something. yea I actually like this pitbike we put a different engine in (GPX) there was a lifan but the gpx made the bike reliable. All I need for it is a fully adjustable rear shock and fully adjustable forks

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
well if it is 26", the GPX will be too long unless you get the ones that are made for a CRF 50 size bike...not normally sold on Pitsters so it would be a hard find or special order

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
doopsx3 said:
well if it is 26", the GPX will be too long unless you get the ones that are made for a CRF 50 size bike...not normally sold on Pitsters so it would be a hard find or special order

I measured the forks today, they are 26" and 25.5 eye to eye

1 - 17 of 17 Posts