PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Good question. Its kind of an ugly word, and the bike is kind of 'unpolished' and small. It fits it actually quite well :)

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Wow. With at least 8 threads up regarding the "grom" perhaps there is some aspect of this bike you have overlooked. I'm thinking " anyone know the tire pressure on the grom?" Or perhaps " where do you plan to park your grom?" Or even "do I look good sitting on my grom?" Better get to work.

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Wow. With at least 8 threads up regarding the "grom" perhaps there is some aspect of this bike you have overlooked. I'm thinking " anyone know the tire pressure on the grom?" Or perhaps " where do you plan to park your grom?" Or even "do I look good sitting on my grom?" Better get to work.

ya i think they need to calm down on the grom threads .....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Good ideas :D

·
Registered
783 Posts
computer wouldnt let me go to the link above but the term grom in Europe means "unruly kid" It is urban on the US west coast as a term for surfers and skateboarders - - the bike fits the unruly kid theme.

I talked to dealer today, I should have my order in for a black one here in the next few weeks. Can't wait - that is gona be the ultimate hooligan bike!

·
Registered
783 Posts
Oh poor Jordo, do you know how wide open you left yourself for everyone on here to bash you with Polock jokes........I will refrain...............

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
The Guy above nailed it. In wakeboarding there were always the groms. The groms were the kids who rode who weren't quite pro were still good riders who hung around. I think they probally named it that BC its a newer slang term and its not a full size bike. Its just there... kinda like kids who hang around sports start to earn respect and become decent riders

·
Registered
35 Posts
The Guy above nailed it. In wakeboarding there were always the groms. The groms were the kids who rode who weren't quite pro were still good riders who hung around. I think they probally named it that BC its a newer slang term and its not a full size bike. Its just there... kinda like kids who hang around sports start to earn respect and become decent riders

Sweet, I think you guys nailed it as well and a very fitting description.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts