PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to get real with the upgrades. I'm buying this stuff, just wanted to see if anyone has had any bad experiences w/ this stuff before I order it.

Sik 50sSE custom fork assembly

Sik 50s billet throttle

billet extended shifter

Sik 50s footpegs

Sik 50s extended brake lever

BBR skid plate

i-shock w/ res

Can you think of anything else i'll need? I think i have everything to upgrade for now. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Those are all really good parts. The only thing is, a +2 swingarm would level the bike out with those forks. Since most of the parts are sik50s on your bike i would go with the sik50s swingarm, or if you have the money get the lahaye long travel!

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
wheelie balance point..

hey everyone! i ran my stock swingarm and it was alright, but a +1' or more makes it pretty sweet.

wheelieing with an extended swingarm isnt much harder than stock. it actually may be easier because it wont loop out as fast. dont be scared of it tho hopkid!

+how about you go with a sik50 skidplate too, the bbr is really big (and gold) just my opinion.

stanton

·
Registered
578 Posts
Ya you deffnatly will want a swingarm beacuse with out one that will make you lose you balance point. Also i agree with stanton go with the sik5os skid plate, the gold is ugly and btw the sik 50s one is carbon fiber.

·
Registered
461 Posts
the only stuff on that list that i have are throttle and extended brake pedal and they both work amazing, not one complaint....and i also have the carbon skid plate...all i can say it its like a factory part made for a 50, im amazed how good the carbon looks, definetly the best looking plate ive seen on a bike. ill say it the 4th person to add....also get a plus 2 swingarm...OR run ur wheel at the VERY back of the swingarm and run the forks higher in the clamps....

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Ill be #5 and also say get a +2 swingarm, but I am going to say dont get the Sik50's, unless you like a very harsh feeling and riding bike. Get a billetware style swingarm from Sano, Five-0, RedBaron or something similar instead. They changed the shock mount location on their swingarm and it causes the shock to kind of bind and makes the action very harsh and stiff feeling and it seems that most people who recomend it fail to mention that nice little peice of information. And Also guys, the BBR skidplate comes in Black now to and the black looks very good. And dont worry about loosing your balance point for wheelieing either, if you can wheelie to begin with, then you shouldnt have a problem giong to a longer swingarm, I actually think the longer swingarm made my bike easier because you have a little bit broader balance point that you can ride the bike in.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I think you will want a swing arm for sure. I have the storm ind. long travel swing arm, and it is a pretty sweet set up

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
all the sik50 products that i have work great, i have no prolems with the swingarm, its a little stiffer but i dont think it is hars, the standard throttle is sik as well as the rear brake pedal and pegs and peg mount. its all pretty sweet and works great, the throttle is way smoother than the bbr one that came with the bar kit.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i wouldn't know what the extended swing arm feels like, i've never been on a bike with one. So you think to go with a sano/rb, tbr, or brr, or just an aluminum one. I just seem to think it would put you up higher, when on one wheel. Then there is the whole long travel side of swing arms... (f*kin' decisions). Do you guys gear it w/ the extra 2''? I barely have the money for this, so a 88kit is outa the question. I know i'll need a new chain, can you still use the stock brake cable though?

Thanks for all the imput though, i'd like to do things right the first time.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Don't bother doing anything to your suspension UNTILL you have an 88 kit. The stock motor will barely be able to push the bike with an extended swing arm, and forks.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
hopkid929 said:
i wouldn't know what the extended swing arm feels like, i've never been on a bike with one. So you think to go with a sano/rb, tbr, or brr, or just an aluminum one. I just seem to think it would put you up higher, when on one wheel. Then there is the whole long travel side of swing arms... (f*kin' decisions). Do you guys gear it w/ the extra 2''? I barely have the money for this, so a 88kit is outa the question. I know i'll need a new chain, can you still use the stock brake cable though?

Thanks for all the imput though, i'd like to do things right the first time.
you can use the stock brake rod, as most pf the swingarms come with a brake rod extension that screws on so that it'll reach

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
i wouldn't know what the extended swing arm feels like, i've never been on a bike with one.

the bike isnt as squirly, but sometimes that hurts your freestyle (whips, midair control)

So you think to go with a sano/rb, tbr, or brr, or just an aluminum one.

it depends on what brand you want, but most are made by the same company(billetware) so the same or very similar specs(excluding sik50s, bbr, and bigbike styles)

I just seem to think it would put you up higher, when on one wheel.

Then there is the whole long travel side of swing arms... (f*kin' decisions).

it puts you up higher for sure, thats the point. but dont make it out to be a big deal, like jetster said, if you can wheelie now you can do it with a longer swingarm. long travel swingarms are track and trail setups, its not the best for stunting and bmx jumping.

Do you guys gear it w/ the extra 2''?

gearing is the same, doesnt change with a longer swingarm.

I barely have the money for this, so a 88kit is outa the question.

for 100$ you could bore it up to 72cc and not have to buy anything else, just to compensate for the suspension. (pm or im me)

I know i'll need a new chain, can you still use the stock brake cable though?

they come with an extender or you could buy one from sik50's(?)

Thanks for all the input though, i'd like to do things right the first time.

all questions are good questions, so keep em coming!

later

stanton

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Stanton, dude, thank you for the sincere response. I think thats the most direct, and honesty response i've ever gotten from someone on a forum.

Okay, i'm definately convinced on the swing arm. I guess i'll work extra hours this week. In the past hour i've been looking at all kinds of swing arms. I'm actually liking the new sik 50's aluminum one (not the chromo). I just like their stuff for some reason. And I will look into getting it bored up to a 72cc.

(Jester220) I read that its supposed to get stiffer as you get closer to bottoming out. Sik's raised the shock hole about 1 3/4" closer to the seat to decrease the leverage against the shock. (which makes it a little stiffer)And that is why it gets harsh. I also read that then mounting an ishock w/ a res. can be done w/out cutting away at the seat pan. But that was only what i was reading. Maybe you were talking about the chromo one anyway.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Nope, I was talking about the aluminum one. Its just my opinion that a extended swingarm is supposed to give better suspension action and a plusher ride not the opposite like the Sik50's does.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Jetster220 said:
Nope, I was talking about the aluminum one. Its just my opinion that a extended swingarm is supposed to give better suspension action and a plusher ride not the opposite like the Sik50's does.
I definitely agree with your opinion, I feel the same way

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.