PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright heres the deal, i posted a thread about a week ago about my top broken motor mount on my gpx cases. I jbwelded it up for now but ill have it welded soon. i have a cat 5 cradle coming monday but the problem is i was supposed to go riding tomorrow. My question is this: i was thinking of taking metal and puttin it inbetween the frame and top motor mount and running it digaonly up to the frame so it takes off some of the pressure on the top motor mount juust for tomorrow. What do you guys think? Only thing i think may be wrong in doing this is that it could possibly bend the frame?

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Its going to rain anyway:) . Not sure I can visualize what your talking about? The top mount will still be under stress, dont you think?

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
394 Posts
Won't work dude, you need to tie the case to the frame better, thus the cradle mount. JB weld has just about no mechanical strength, so it won't do anything to help your situation. Just don't jump your bike and you'll be just fine :)

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
What you are planning doesn't seem like it would help very much but just an fyi for you I rode a honda with broken case like yours for a couple weeks and thrashed it pretty good and it still didnt break any further

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RcWannabe said:
What you are planning doesn't seem like it would help very much but just an fyi for you I rode a honda with broken case like yours for a couple weeks and thrashed it pretty good and it still didnt break any further
yeah i jbed it and my cat 5 cradle mount is coming tomorrow. with that i should be fine. my friend ran a cat5 without a top motor mount bolt for a day and the top of the motor didnt even move

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.