PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im looking at buying this guys carb locally. He says its a genuine mikuni 26. But only thing on it is PD15...what is a PD15???

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw a K which id think was keihin and the pd is usually their model but kinda hard to mix up a 15 and a 26

·
Registered
765 Posts
look at mikunis web site. there carb have a big nut on the bottom of the float bowl. if you post some pics someone will be able to tell you exactly

·
Super Moderator
9,971 Posts
The Keihin carb from a 2001 XR100 (1st pic) looks very similar to the Mikuni-clone 22mm carb (2nd pic), which measures 26mm at the manifold opening.

·
Registered
271 Posts
On the Mikunis is there a difinitive way to tell a clone from the real deal?

My carb says Mikuni on the cap and on the carb body itself, but it came with a china motor kit... thinking it's fake but the seller says they only use real mikuni and everything I can find says if it says Mikuni on the body it's probably real.

·
Registered
765 Posts
i know mine is a real mikuni. black plastic elbow for the vent hose, it says mikuni corp on the side , big nut on the bottom of the float bowl , and an emulsifier on the end of the needle jet inside the float bowl. plus its super easy to make accurate adjustments. the fake magoonie i have has none of that i never could get it working just right i practically have a store house of jets and needles for it lol but it does say mikuni on the side. just mikuni not mikuni corp

·
Registered
765 Posts
drtbkr does it say mikuni corp on the side or just mikuni? just wondering. there are so many variations of those carbs its ridiculous

1 - 12 of 12 Posts