PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got these bad boys off of my 86 KDX 80 and they seem to be identical to xr 75 forks, do you think i can just grind the ring around the frame where the forks slip into and make it a little wider? cuz these forks seem decent and nice and sexy and free.

the steering shafts on both forks are 7 inches long the CRF 50 stock forks measure a little under 3/4's of an inch wide and the KDX forks measure 3/4's wide. its just enough to not let the forks enter the hole on my frame

here are some pictures

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im gonna wait to see how these actually compare to the xr 75 forks i just bought if theyre as alike as i think ill just use the ones i have and sell the xr 75's

edit : why didnt the kx 60 forks work?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
i wouldnt put those busted ass forks on my bike...just instead of destroyin ur 50 to make it fit..fork out a lil dough and buy some bolt on forks

·
Registered
787 Posts
The cheap fix is to add a spacer(or a buttload) of washers under the lower baring race, but you steering stops won't work then. Also I can see that there is rust in the opperational area on the fork tubes. If they are pitted enough to where you can feel it with your fingers, they are junk the seals won't last, and when the seals go you end up with a heavier set of pogo sticks then you started out with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.