PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want more out of my 50 so i looked up big bores and none have the the oil pump but the gytr. Don't want to spend that kind of coin right now so do the other kits not need the high output oil pump or will I just burn up my motor with the 107 kit in it?​

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I'd get the high volume pump for anything larger than stock....You may be ok without on 107, but do you really want to chance it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
ZaK is running the full GYTR BB kit. So far it is running great and I had the same concerns. However, since the only high flow TTR50 oil pump I know of is the GYTR and it was not very available outside of the full kit (since the economy tanked before they made very many), I am thinking you will be OK without it. Lots of guys are running BB kits and I have not heard of oil starvation with other kits...... then again I could be wrong:rolleyes:.

Attachments

·
Registered
403 Posts
i would run the 88 kit from kitaco if you are on a budget. If kitaco dosent say anything about running a high flow oil pump then i wouldn't worry about it this is either the 104se or the 88 i would call brent at faster minis and see if he has one around the shop

·
Registered
221 Posts
Funny thing is that there is not that much difference between the stock oil pump and the GYTR pump. Stock has a 7 point impeller gear and the GYTR has 8. The 8 even looks like it has smaller voids because there are more of them in the same diameter. I wonder how much more it flows... 12.5% maybe? I have a pic somewhere.......?!?!?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts