PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 KLX 110 10 year old stock swingarm. I purchased a new 270mm piranah shock for it and wanted to change out the swingarm bearings, well that didn't go as planned. Now I have to look for a new swingarm. The OEM swingarms are very expensive, so I was looking for aftermarket swingarms. I found a piranah +2inch swingarm which says it works for stock klx shocks. Just wondering I I got it wouldn't the bike be front sided? Should I get the the longer shock or will the bbr dampening rods in the front that raise the fron by around an inch compensate for the larger swingarm?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wondering if the above Piranha swingarm +2 is a decent swingy? It isn't too pricey and seems well made. I have BBR dampeners and stiff HD sprigns in front forks with 270mm DNM shock so will a +2 swingarm have any benefit or disadvantage to stock? Will it raise the back end?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The swingy you posted is 26 dollars more. How does the faster50s swingy +2 differ from the piranha swingy +2? Is it made bettter? Construction more sound/rigid? The piranha to me does look better built and is cheaper but if the faster50s swingy is that much better I’ll get it.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I don’t know about the quality of the piranha swinger. But I have a fast 50s swinger and frame and I can 100% guarantee you won’t destroy it. I’m 200 lbs casing stuff. Once you see the welds and metal you know the quality is there.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
My 110 is the model for the Fast50's swinger. That is one awesome swingarm for the 110. I'd run a 10.50 to 10.75- MAX length shock with it though. It uses the stock hardware and chain slider too. I was using a 10.75 inch shock in these pix with a KX65 front. --L*64

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That does look pretty cool. Love that chrome whatever it’s called look. Welds look great. Just low on cash, hence why I was leaning toward the piranha. Wondering if anyone here has used one on a Klx. Also, why on the piranha is the swingarm so thick? It probably uses more mild flexible steel hence the price compared to the faster50s one.

·
Super Moderator
10,184 Posts
I'd be willing to bet that the Piranha swingarm is made of aluminum, not steel. You can contact Wholesale Cycle directly and ask them about it HERE.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I'll ask. I noticed a difference in steel vs. Aluminum frames on big bikes and liked the steel frames better, not sure why. If it is aluminum will it make that much of a difference being it is on a pit bike. I'm reading now that steel has more dampening on hard pack but I'm not so sure that's true, plus with a pitbike I don't think it will matter.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I may a stock one on the shelf. If you would be interested I could make you a good deal on it. Let me check and I will get back to you if you are interested.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks EXer but I'm going to either get the piranha or the fast50's swingy. Found out the piranha, although it looks really cool as do most alloy swingarms compared to steel was made in China. The steel is probably better made and probably is more forgiving, not sure if the fast50s is made in china too. Just want a well built swingy, so I do not waste my money.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I don't know about now, but back in the day, everybody would stay away from piranha everything. Just my .02. I also am I big fan of how the fastminis swing arm moves the chain tensioner toward the bike to avoid bending it. Might weld some tabs onto my stock swingarm. Luckystar, can you send me some close up shots of that area?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts