PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have no idea what is going on but I put my 26mm carb back on and now there is a rev limiter that sounds similar to a grom. No matter how much throttle I give it it still has the same drop limiter so it's not the carb. I've I've a piranha coil and a new plug otw so I'll keep yall updated. Any ideas tho??

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I have no idea what is going on but I put my 26mm carb back on and now there is a rev limiter that sounds similar to a grom. No matter how much throttle I give it it still has the same drop limiter so it's not the carb. I've I've a piranha coil and a new plug otw so I'll keep yall updated. Any ideas tho??
Check the air filter. even if it is clean there may be sand on the inside.I have a 26mm mikuni carb and if there is a tad bit of sand it will not like it.If that does not solve your problem check timing the timing chain could've jumped a tooth and the valve's can be tapping the piston.If that doesn't fix it, it may be an electrical problem. Try spraying electrical contact cleaner on the cdi box conector and then spray WD-40 on the plug and try it out.That's all I got. Let me know if it worked.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts