PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i thinking about built-up a mini4 as a supermoto.

except chinese ready to ride there's no brand?

for honda start with a xr/crf 50 and up-grade... motor/shock/clutch

or go with a crf 70? crf 100?

sdg/pitster 125?

clutch or semi-automatic?

i'am around 200lbs...

last bike was a ktm 640 supermoto street/track

now a Z50Ak1-1969 customized.

any advise/suggestion

· Registered
1,189 Posts
Yeah, pitster sells a complete SM bike ready to rip here:

http://www.outlawpowersports.com/Pitster_Pro_X2M_Motard_Pit_Bike_p/pitster pro x2m.htm

If you're gonna build instead, sit down and really think about how much you wanna spend. Then start looking at bikes and parts. I know most guys claim that on tighter tracks they usually run a 10" wheel set up and on longer faster tracks they run 12" setups. If you decide to build, hit me up I've got some stuff laying around not being used at the moment. Good luck either way.

· Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HpiGuy looking aroud pitster site linked up here... looks cool! but no dealer near my place up here canada...

Lowbike1 good idea too!

sdg is good?

· Registered
729 Posts
Fullthrottle said:
euuhh want's the major difference between

pitster

sdg

thumpstar

???

quality

none of them are gonna be as good as a built honda but the pitster is the best out of the three.

· Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow Darrenrg!!!

did you got a complete check-list of what you put on the bike?

you start with what?

crf 50?

there's 12" ou 14" here most of the guy ride with 12" wheel... is there more choice of tires with 12"?

thanks!

· Registered
199 Posts
Mini motard 12-12 works best for me a lot of guys run 10-10 some 12-10 what ever works best for your style

I started with no bike I built it from the ground up,well I did buy a 2006 crf50 for the center sec. cases and some hardware the crf is still fully in tack

Thanks for the WOW!!

Check out my add in the classifieds do a search under 106cc custom built race bike a full build sheet

· Registered
2,282 Posts
If you wanna spend a $h!t house full of money on building a fast engine go with a Honda, if you wanna spend a third of the money you would spend on that Honda get a Pitster and build the engine big on that inexpensively and beat up on someone with a High Dollar Honda!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.