PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK,

I was just going to get an 88, but i just rebuilt this motor. What can I do to wake this little thing up a bit. I'm running the stock carb, what carb could I get that adds some more but isn't overkill. I'm rocking a k and n screen filter right now, but will be looking for a foam filter.

What would I get out of an aftermarket cam?

Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
A cam will really wake the motor up as well.

18mm carb would probably be your best bet. But if you plan on putting a 88 kit on there eventually i would get a 20mm, they seem to work a little better on the 88 kits.

What about a pipe? What are you running?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I switch between the stock and fast 50s pipe I have. What exactly does a new cam do? Just more general power, more speed, more peppy?

And I do plan on getting an 88 when its time to rebuild again.

Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
50WHIP said:
What head are you still running?

Stock head, no work done to it. I am not looking to put a lot of money into the motor. Would the benefits of getting it ported be worth the cost? Or should I look at a race head maybe?

Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
657 Posts
T313M said:
Stock head, no work done to it. I am not looking to put a lot of money into the motor. Would the benefits of getting it ported be worth the cost? Or should I look at a race head maybe?

Thanks,

Tim

I would get a race head FOR SURE over porting the stock head..... especially when you bump to an 88.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts