PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK everybody,

I have been looking into Race gas usage in are fiddies and have found only one acceptable to use VP's ULTIMATE-4 :

Is it Leagal: It is Illeagal in AMA PRO racing, However it is legal to use in amature and other local racing. ULTIMATE-4 will not harm you or your motorcycle it has too much oxygen for AMA professional racing.

How much octaine does it have: In most states the highest pump octaine is 91 ULTIMATE-4 rates as 97 octaine more important is that is motor octaine rates as 92 octaine. ( the motor octaine is the ANTIKNOCK properties of gas under full throttle.) this number is always lower than the RON number the Research octaine number the ANTIKNOCK at half throttle.

Is ULTAMATE-4 leaded: YES the lead boosts the octaine without deluting the componants in gasoline to make the most power.! Unleaded pump gas is compromized between octaine and power lack of lead and other ingredients used to cut emissions actually hurts engine preformance.!

Is lead good for valves: Its not needed today 4 strokes use a different material today in valves, and a special seat to run Unleaded gas.

Does ULTIMATE-4 make more power: YES it delivers the same strong combustion on a stock 2 stroke as it does on a stock or modified 4 stroke

Does ULTIMATE-4 run cooler: YES ULTIMATE-4 flashes off more efficiantly than pump gas the average 4 stroke exhaust temp is 1200 degrees it will be 100 degrees lower running ULTIMATE-4 cooler is better.

Storing ULTIMATE-4: in a steel can only plastic containers over time will weaken the race gas.

Do you have to REJET your carb: NO You can just pour it in your tank the engine will imediatly become more responsive and faster. It will not harm O-rings, Gaskets,or anyother engine componants " according to the people at VP".

I can not say the same for any other RACE GASES. But It seems That this ULTIMATE-4 is good to run in your FIDDIE's EVERYBODY..!

Thanks for your time..OLDSCHOOL

· Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You buy it in 5 gallon metal cans. Ask Manwhore john he runs it all the time. 30 bucks or 40 bucks

· Registered
709 Posts
OLDSCHOOL said:
You buy it in 5 gallon metal cans. Ask Manwhore john he runs it all the time. 30 bucks or 40 bucks

i doubt i would be able to get it here :x i don't think they can ship it and theres no shops i know of that sell fuel, i will look around though. definetly sound slike a good fuel and not to costly etiher 8)

· Registered
10,051 Posts
Unless you are running super high compression, or very aggressive timing, forced induction, or nitrous, there is no need for race gas other than burning a hole in your pocket.

We aren't talking about a 650HP street car running 28lbs of boost here, but rather a single cylinder 50-124cc Honda 4 stroke that likes pump gas.

Run pump gas, and save your $$ for other mods. Seriously.

On the theory side, race gas is used in applications to prevent detonation. If your bike isn't detonating, there's no need for additional octane.

· Registered
87 Posts
z88R said:
Unless you are running super high compression, or very aggressive timing, forced induction, or nitrous, there is no need for race gas other than burning a hole in your pocket.

We aren't talking about a 650HP street car running 28lbs of boost here, but rather a single cylinder 50-124cc Honda 4 stroke that likes pump gas.

Run pump gas, and save your $$ for other mods. Seriously.

On the theory side, race gas is used in applications to prevent detonation. If your bike isn't detonating, there's no need for additional octane.

Certain "race gases" are power in a can, if you want to pay for it. I know from experience that VP Ultimate4, MR1 & MR9 all increase the power of your motorcycle without any jetting needed. They will all increase power for stock and modified fiddys, or any motorcycle for that matter.

I used some MR9 in my Harley a few months ago and it made 6 more horsepower on the dyno, and it only runs 9.5:1 compression! I wouldn't buy MR9 though unless you won the lottery, it's $25-30 a gallon, I was given some. I haven't tried race gas in my stock fiddy yet so I don't know for sure, but I'd say any of those three gases would increase the power somewhere in the two tenths of a horsepower range on a stock fiddy and probably more on a modified. Now, that doesn't sound like much, but that's all your $200 exhaust increased the power too. If you're looking for that extra edge on race day, maybe a $30 can of race isn't that bad of an idea.

Six: You can order from their local distributor and have it shipped to you, or have your dealer do it. http://www.vpracingfuels.com/index2.html?mgiToken=0C15B7C8782EAC6522

· Registered
161 Posts
We run straight ultimate 4 in our minis and run it 50/50 in my yz450f. At either ratio you can still notice the difference in power and it runs much cleaner throughout the rpm range but significantly better off the bottom. it's a definite edge. They are now making ultimate 2 for you 2 smoke riders. I am not sure if or what the advantages are over C-12 or their other fuels.

G

·
Ultimate 4 is a great gas. It will increase horsepower in all bikes. I don't know if it is worth it to run in a stock fifty but if you run a bbk it is a good idea. Don't listen to what the VP people say about o-rings and such. (happened to us) It will eat away at your o-rings over time. If your bike is going to sit for an extended amount of time then I would drain it or mix 50/50 to slow the process. That and C-12 are the gases that "T&R racing" (Harley-Davidson Honda of Salina) uses in a lot of our race bikes. Motocross, TT, and Flat Track (Harley or Honda, bike or quad). The only bike we would never run Ulimate 4 in is our Nitro Drag Bike. If you want gas that will really do some damage after sitting in a can for a few months then pick up some nitro (very dangerous once it changes colors). If you do a lot of riding or have a lot of friends that use race gas then I would suggest that you buy a 55 gallon drum. It saves a lot of money in the long run. If race gas is not available where you live you could drive to pick it up then charge your friends to use it.

· Registered
1,128 Posts
yes yes yes ultimate 4 it runs about $40- $45 for a 5 gallon drum would not use any thing but ultimate 4 on a stock 50 i would say pump gas at the races its your call but i would go with ultimate 4 any mx dealer can get it or call vp and see what they can do

· Registered
736 Posts
Ultimate 4 is a 92 octane fuel with additives

ULTIMATE 4

Designed for ultimate performance in 4-stroke motorcycles. Generates up to 6% more horsepower than pump gas. Makes 4-stroke engine faster and more responsive without harming the carburetor, O-rings or gaskets as some competitors' race fuels will. Can also be used in stock 2-strokes with the same impressive results.

• Color: Clear

• Leaded

• Motor Octane: 92.2

• Specific Gravity: .718 at 60° F

http://www.vpracingfuels.com/vp_01_fuels.html?mgiToken=0C15B7C87EAD16C07B#leaded

go down to ultimate 4.

· Registered
567 Posts
Well, if you compare U4 to pump gas, its about 94.5 octane. The numbers you read at a gas station are the MON and RON (motor octane and research octane) added up and then divided by 2.

· Registered
402 Posts
Gee FAKE info again...

before people post about gas or fuel they should know what they arguing about...

Like VP nUtec makes a very great fuel

Its an oxgenated fuel and like VPs U4 they mkae power on even a stock 50 to a stock 1000cc street bike.

If you can gain power on a bike simply by switching fuels it is worth it..

One thing I have to say is you need to richen your jetting on some bikes as the fuel is oxygenated and wil lean out the bike a bit..

On a bone stock RC51 Honda street bike we gained 11 HP on the dyno.

On a 1200 sportster we gained 6HP thats alot on that thing....

On a 125/250 youll see a couple HP...

In fact Team pro circuit was looking for any more power they could 2 years ago for Mike Browns bike for heading to motocross Des nations. The year USA did nto go.

They are sponsered by VP but were looking for everything they oculd get and switched to NUTEC and gained a solid HP across the board on his bike... needless to say 100 gallons were shipped overseas to meet the team in which they did not go...

On a modded bike like that which has every HP managed to be gotten out of it only to switch fuel and gain a HP thats GREAT!!!!

· Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey XR,

If you are Implying that what I wrote is False then,you dont Know what your talking about. This Info comes from BRUCE HENDEL and MARK HALL of VP RACING FUELS. This site Is about XR50's and other PIT BIKES not RC-51's or 1200 SPORTSTERS, the Info I got I just didn't Pull out of the SKY..! The Info Is On ULTIMATE-4....ONLY

NO REJETTING REQUIRED just pour it in.

Help Me Out Manwhore I Researched this for YOU.........OLDSCHOOL

· Registered
1,128 Posts
OLDSCHOOL is write stock not a big deal on a 50 might run a little cooler and cleaner but like i said pump gas ridding around 4 at the track big bore race motor 4 all the time stock 2.5 hp even if 4 gives you a 10% gain in power you are only getting .25 hp for a whoping 2.75 hp $6-$9 a gallon if you have got the money to burn go for it

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.