PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put a new Vm26 - 606 on my 125. it idles great and runs good to 1/4 throttle, and on top end but if you smash the throttle it bogs bad. Spark plug was pretty dark so I leaned it out to a 180 main keeping the factory 22.5 pilot. still does the same thing. The Oddest part tho is gas spits out og the over flow when you get on it hard. Is the floats se to low allowing too much fuel in the bowl? This would also cause the over fueling issue im having. any help would be great. I do have smaller piolet jets on the way but they wont be in until friday.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a pirahna 140 engine. I had to jet it to a 125 main before it ran correctly. Since you have a 125 try a smaller jet. I went down with the jets by two sizes at at a time until it stopped bogging. Now it runs perfect. Run the bike in top gear while giving full throttle and Kill the engine, then check the plug. If its black it's too rich, so clean the plug off reinstall and go a jet smaller and repeat until you get it running right. If it runs poorly a idle try changing your pilot jet.

·
Vendor
10,568 Posts
also try adjusting your needle , that should fix that instant bog your having when cracking the throttle !
Good Call , the needle meters the Main
Always good to try moving the needle and turning screws before changing out jets

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had the same problem with mine going to a 180m is way to rich you have to lean it out. your pilot jet is fine if your not bogging in the low end so try running a 115-130 main and play with your clip position. Also note that you will need a u filter or pancake filter and, it will help getting a pipe or do a pipe mod by drilling the restricter out of the pipe located at the bottom of pipe where it connects to your head. Hope this helps

·
Registered
1 Posts
i just bought a 2010 ssr sr125 was wondering if any body knows what motor this is modeled after ....also what kind of engine will fit in this frame first time ssr owner i cant seem to find any upgrade parts from ssr , i heard that crf50 parts will fit thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.